Talk

Advanced search

Baukjen

(19 Posts)
SesameSparkle Thu 18-Aug-16 19:39:15

I’ve never shopped at Baukjen before, but I’ve been thinking about trying them and browsing the last few bits left in the sale.

I’m wondering about sizing as it’s dresses I’m looking for. I think I’m in between a 12 and 14, but don’t have very much on the hips/bottom. Do you think I’d be better off sizing up to the 14 or down to the 12?

Also is there a way to get a discount off sale or a discount for a new customer?

bearofnothingness Thu 18-Aug-16 20:11:46

size up, their stuff is quite tight but not overly tight imo. the catalogue usually has an introductory discount

SesameSparkle Thu 18-Aug-16 20:57:26

Thanks bear, I might think about ordering a couple of 14s then to see how I get on. They sent me a catalogues, but the discount code is only for full price stuff.

Ilovewillow Thu 18-Aug-16 21:11:02

I would agree size up! On the plus side their clothes are lovely and last for years!

SesameSparkle Thu 18-Aug-16 22:05:05

Thanks willow smile

SesameSparkle Fri 19-Aug-16 14:19:03

I've just gone back to the Baukjen website to look at those dresses again and 2 of them have mysteriously increased in price . That's added another £20 to my basket since yesterday. How frustrating.

Nanasueathome Fri 19-Aug-16 14:20:49

They have special offers all the time and within a couple of weeks your items will be reduced
Their clothes are lovely by the way

TheMightyMing Fri 19-Aug-16 15:29:05

Most of my wardrobe is Baukjen! I love the style and fit. I wouldn't size down as it's on the small size IMO.

Also for the jersey stuff, I use a 30 degree quick wash on my machine and take it straight out.

Also look out on e bay, I've bought a lovely BNWT dress today for just over £20.

SesameSparkle Fri 19-Aug-16 16:56:06

Nana thanks, I will probably sign up to their emails for a bit then, and see if what they send me.

mighty thanks, I was looking at the jersey dresses as I've lost quite a bit of weight lately and want to find something that will show off my new figure. I've compared the size guide against my own dimensions - it looks like I'd be better in a 14 for my bust, possibly also my waist, but my hips would definitely be a 12, possibly smaller. Some of the stuff I've bought elsewhere lately has been a bit too baggy on the hips so I'm keen to avoid that. It's good to have feedback that a 14 is probably my best bet.

I am still a bit hmm though that one of the dresses I saw was showing up as a steal at £24 yesterday (I printed off my basket) and it's been put up to £38 today....

TheMightyMing Fri 19-Aug-16 23:13:41

I know! Sometimes they reduce stuff right down and then later on sell old season stuff at twice the sale price. Strange.

If you are small on the hip bum, you might actually get away with the smaller size, it's that area where I think they are a bit small.

I've got loads of the jersey, I bought the sleeveless black ruched and a asymmetric short sleeved dress this year, two off the shoulder tops ( fab I now have three) and quite a few other bits.

SesameSparkle Tue 23-Aug-16 16:19:56

Thanks for the reply mighty it's interesting to know that prices can go up and down quite a bit - it seems if I ever spot a dress on sale again for 20 something pounds I will have to snap it up there and then. There's a couple of things I liked which they only had 12s in, so I should probably stop dithering and pick a couple of these to start with.

Pisssssedofff Tue 23-Aug-16 16:46:34

Any sign of the discount codes ? They will have to do better than 15% to get my money

LogonMounstuart Tue 23-Aug-16 19:22:28

They had a special promotion on the sale yesterday- just for the day hence prices going back up today. As everyone else says quality is great- well worth the money

SesameSparkle Tue 23-Aug-16 21:59:38

Ack, wish I'd known that yesterday then..... angry

KatharinaRosalie Tue 23-Aug-16 22:01:31

they have promotions and discount codes all the time.

Sizing depends on how tight you like your dresses. I get my usual size and they are then quite clingy.

PacificDogwod Tue 23-Aug-16 22:05:53

I am a new Baukjen convert grin

I ordered my usual size - the jersey is a great quality and while quite clingy is very flattering.
Some of the woven blouses are quite generous.

The sale ends tonight at midnight, I think.

SesameSparkle Tue 23-Aug-16 23:10:38

Thanks all, have just ordered 2 dresses in a 12. And I've even signed up for emails mind if they annoy me as much as boden did they are getting ditched.... Not a lot left after all my faffing, but that's probably a good thing...

pissssed bumpclass gives you 20% off full price if that's what you're after.

Pisssssedofff Wed 24-Aug-16 10:00:59

Thank you that's brilliant you've just erm "saved" me £60 😂😂😂🙈

PacificDogwod Fri 26-Aug-16 10:12:46

Code YOUANDYOURS gives 20% off just now <enables> grin

Just thought I'd share.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now