Can someone recommend a great hairdresser in London?

(14 Posts)
NotdeadyetBOING Thu 18-Aug-16 17:00:28

I have a regular place up the road that I like and isn't horrendously expensive , but am in desperate need of a style overhaul and don't trust my local place to do it for me. I want someone who will take charge, look at my face, hair type and 'know' what will suit me. Don't mind paying up a bit for a one off. Once I have a new style, my local people can maintain it. TIA.

Euphemia Thu 18-Aug-16 18:07:50

A guy called Michael Howie used to cut mine and he was fab - transformed my hair!

He's now at Bleach London but I'm not sure which branch; I think it's the East End one.

outofdepth Thu 18-Aug-16 23:06:35

I want what you want OP! <shamelessly lurking>

applecharlotte Thu 18-Aug-16 23:11:45

Lydia Keen - she's amazing with colour and cuts. She doesnt do anything whacky just knows what will suit you and does a beautiful job.

applecharlotte Thu 18-Aug-16 23:12:45

www.lydiakeen.com

Tigerbear Thu 18-Aug-16 23:18:15

Malaki at Rush on The Strand gave me the best cut and highlights of my life recently. I went from very long, right down my back hair, to a chin length messy bob.
In the week that followed, I was chatted up twice, and got so many compliments!

witchmountain Thu 18-Aug-16 23:34:05

Brooks and Brooks, close to Holborn tube. Even the more junior stylists are excellent and very thoughtful about what they do with your hair. www.brooksandbrooks.co.uk

polyhymnia Fri 19-Aug-16 00:18:25

I go to Joel at Daniel Galvin, who I'd recommend. He is ££ though. Have also heard good things of Brooks and Brooks.

WottyMcWottFace Fri 19-Aug-16 00:39:35

I'd recommend Tom Connell at Trevor Sorbie Covent Garden
www.trevorsorbie.com/senior-top-stylistassistant-art-director-tom-connell/

buzzpopprince Fri 19-Aug-16 00:41:20

Placemarking, so need a new do!

RainIsAGoodThing Fri 19-Aug-16 00:44:10

Anna M at Taylor Taylor in Cheshire Street. I wouldn't ever go to anyone else.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 19-Aug-16 00:53:31

Blimey, Lydia Keen is reasonable!

NotdeadyetBOING Fri 19-Aug-16 09:18:31

Thank you all SO much for your tips. Now not at all sure which of your recommendations to go for….

Messy bob is kind of what I have in mind as hair naturally frizzy curly and am never going to turn into a daily blow-dry type.

Need to grasp this nettle. Even my usually v. polite DH said the other day 'have you thought about doing something more up to date with your hair?'.

RainIsAGoodThing Fri 19-Aug-16 09:55:49

OP, it sounds like we have the same type of hair - I now have a long wavy bob that I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BLOW DRY!

That's the power of a good cut! It's a revelation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now