Talk

Advanced search

Cool toned semi-permanent colour

(11 Posts)
wowfudge Wed 17-Aug-16 22:55:19

Can anyone suggest a semi-permanent hair colour lighter than dark brown which isn't chestnut/red-based? I want to start growing out the dark brown dye in my short hair. Anything with red in it as it just makes my hair look obviously coloured and I prefer it to look more natural.

I have pale skin which does tan and brown eyes.

CoolToned Thu 18-Aug-16 03:37:12

There's John Frieda foam in Ash Brown.

wowfudge Thu 18-Aug-16 08:07:08

I'll have a look - thanks. I think some of the Casting colours may be suitable as there are lots of them, just not sure which.

CoolToned Thu 18-Aug-16 08:18:21

No problem. I'm also cool-toned (hence the name) so I am on the lookout for hair dyes without even a smidgin of warmth in them.

MooMinCow Thu 18-Aug-16 09:01:27

Nice & Easy semi in Medium Ash Brown. I also use Aveda Black Malva Colour Conditioner once a week to maintain the 'cool' tones - works a treat!

wowfudge Thu 18-Aug-16 10:09:28

Thank you - I am a Clairol fan.

WhereAreWeNow Thu 18-Aug-16 11:43:04

The Nice N' Easy ash brown colours work well although I find I need to go lighter than I think (eg. Lightest Ash Brown or even Dark Ash Blonde). And I think Casting Iced Latte is quite cool. Again, it comes out darker than it looks on the pack.

wowfudge Thu 18-Aug-16 11:47:39

I'll have a look, thank you.

dragonsarebest Thu 18-Aug-16 12:21:03

I second Iced Latte, I used to like a bit of warmth and that was too cool for me.

Also thanks PP for the Black Malva tip. As I get older I'm trying to tone down any warmth so I'll give that a whirl.

MooMinCow Thu 18-Aug-16 14:02:14

Agree that the colours do come out darker than you would think. I have naturally dark brown/black hair and the medium Ash brown is perfect for me. You might need the light Ash brown.

wowfudge Thu 18-Aug-16 15:05:31

Interesting - my natural colour (where I still have it) is very dark brown. I think my skin tone can take the current colour, I'm just finding new growth really noticeable and want to try something a bit more forgiving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now