Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for a nice watch for a big birthday

(9 Posts)
CuthbertDibble Wed 17-Aug-16 21:12:24

Big birthday coming up, quite fancy a lovely watch but I'm very fussy. Budget will be £3-4k, problem is, I really like the watch I currently wear every day.

I don't like big or thick watches, I'm also not keen (but could change my mind) on ones where it's not easy to tell the time, everyday watch is an Ebel classic wave mini.

Any suggestions?

Chicinwellies Wed 17-Aug-16 21:53:27

Look at the Omega range - constellations is fab.
www.omegawatches.com/watches/constellation/constellation/ladies-collection/product/

How exciting for you x

RonSwansonsBestFriend Wed 17-Aug-16 22:19:33

Rolex, ladies oyster datejust. Like this one but with plainer numerals:-

Rolex

A classic, IMHO.

Happy birthday!

BackstreetsBackAlright Wed 17-Aug-16 22:25:43

Tag Heuer do some lovely ladies watches that aren't too big and are in your budget: m.tagheuer.co.uk/int-en/luxury-watches/link-ladies

CuthbertDibble Thu 18-Aug-16 20:41:08

Thanks all, not so keen on Rolex as they're a bit too heavy/thick for me but I do quite like some of the Omegas, had been avoiding them as that's what I bought DH for his big birthday, might look like we've got his and hers watches.

frenchfancy Thu 18-Aug-16 20:54:03

Probably a bit under budget if anything, but what about Longines. I have worn mine every day for over 20 years and it is still as good as new.

DandelionAndBedrock Thu 18-Aug-16 20:59:10

My sister has a Longines self-wind and it kept losing time. She was furious. DP's work colleague collects watched and said never get the self-wind.

Agree that Omega Constellations is fab. DP and I have watches from the same brand (not Omega) - v similar designs but they don't look 'paired' at all.

aniceearlynight Thu 18-Aug-16 21:00:59

Cartier Tank or Hermes Cape Cod? Both incredibly chic and understated. But no good if you want a metal bracelet.

I have a Tag which was bought in 1999. It seemed horribly expensive at the time but I I have worn it almost every day since and it looks pretty much as good as new.

Vvlgari Thu 18-Aug-16 21:03:17

Second here for Tag and Omega. I have one of both which were bought for me as significant birthday presents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now