Talk

Advanced search

Crazy colours how long do they last

(22 Posts)
Summersun5789 Wed 17-Aug-16 07:48:39

I'm having pink done at weekend.

I know they don't last long but my question is do they fade out or is it more like wash in 6 was out colour

I like it when I see the pictures of faded hair

I'm having pink

How long does the fade last?

DerekSprechenZeDick Wed 17-Aug-16 08:00:28

About 8 washes depending on your hair

If you like the faded look then get marshmallow.

They just gradually fade, they turn a pastel colour

Summersun5789 Wed 17-Aug-16 08:02:08

I'm having atomic pink. So I'm hoping that 6-8 weeks it will be faded pink

Is it true it can leak onto pillows etc? If so for how long

DerekSprechenZeDick Wed 17-Aug-16 08:05:26

Depends on your hair tbh. Use black pillow cases just incase for first couple of hair washes.

My hair is bright red and first couple of washes my hair can dye my face and clothes when wet

Reindeerlily Wed 17-Aug-16 08:12:58

I've been using crazy color for 4 years now. I have to re-do the colour every 2 weeks to keep it looking good. I use fire and red is the hardest colour to keep so it does fade quite quick. But it looks amazing when it's been freshly dyed.

Summersun5789 Wed 17-Aug-16 08:17:06

See I really like the vibrant colour
And love the faded look

I've been on forums where people say that the faded look lasts until you bleach it out

I have white blond hair so I'm hoping it's going to fade and stay . I attach a photo so you see .

Will this faded stage last (in picture)

Pantsalive Wed 17-Aug-16 08:18:21

The colour will last much better if you wash in cool water and use conditioner instead of shampoo. (Read up on cowashing).

The colour can leak. If you have a pink tshirt, put that over your pillowcase.

If you get fed up with the colour or don't like the colour it's fading (some pinks can end up a bit orangey), you can start fading it by washing with any dandruff shampoo.

ColdAsIceCubes Wed 17-Aug-16 08:19:03

Atomic pink by sfx is really hard to remove, I had to do several bleach baths after fading. Are you putting it on virgin or bleached hair?

Summersun5789 Wed 17-Aug-16 08:20:20

It's going on bleached hair

Summersun5789 Wed 17-Aug-16 08:20:57

I'm liking this it sounds like it's going to last

Well maybe not as vibrant but the faded stage

PikachuSayBoo Wed 17-Aug-16 08:20:58

Does anyone know if the colour in the first photo, the lilac one would fade badly? I have dark brown hair so not even sure a hairdresser could get it this colour? I don't want to spend a fortune if it only lasts a few washes. I'm thinking maybe I would be better off with one of the other two colours here.

Summersun5789 Wed 17-Aug-16 08:21:55

Well I'm blond and have been told to I'm having it bleached first as the colours won't show

I'm golden blond fairly light

PikachuSayBoo Wed 17-Aug-16 08:40:44

Blimey. I just assumed if you were blonde you had it easy when it came to having your hair dyed.

DerekSprechenZeDick Wed 17-Aug-16 08:42:01

You shouldn't need it bleached if your hair is quite blonde.

Who is doing it and are they charging you? If so explains the bleach bullshit grin

DerekSprechenZeDick Wed 17-Aug-16 08:42:58

Pik if you are planning on staying the colour I would look into permanent dye for you.

The colour just fades into a Pastel version.

Summersun5789 Wed 17-Aug-16 08:44:39

It's a friend she is a hairdresser that's doing it, and as I e done a lot of baby sitting she is doing it for nothing

PikachuSayBoo Wed 17-Aug-16 08:58:14

dereck. Yes, wanting it as a permanent colour. Do you think Id need my hair bleaching first?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 17-Aug-16 09:12:03

A good at home dye to try is Schwarzkopf lightener + twist. Comes in various pastel shades and lightens your hair then tones it all in one.

Bear in mind that if you lighten your hair by a few shades you will have darker roots to deal with after a few weeks. The Schwarzkopf one would be less harsh on your hair than strong bleach.

DerekSprechenZeDick Wed 17-Aug-16 11:43:32

pik yes. Just do it the once.

PikachuSayBoo Wed 17-Aug-16 11:45:28

But then what happens when my roots come through? They will need bleaching and then dyeing? And I'm guessing IT will all cost twice as much as you basically have your hair coloured twice?

NotAnotherBath Wed 17-Aug-16 15:48:02

If you're on Facebook join a group called Mrs gloss and the Goss. They had a thread about this last night

DerekSprechenZeDick Wed 17-Aug-16 15:49:04

pik you then buy the dye yourself and top it up. That's all I do with mine. No bleach necessary if find a high lift dye

L'Oreal is a good one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now