We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do comfortable ballet flats exist?

(25 Posts)
Mitfordhons Tue 16-Aug-16 21:06:14

Non frumpy, classic ballet flats for work that are comfortable and supportive, maybe ones with a small heal rather than super flat?

Only1scoop Tue 16-Aug-16 21:10:01

I have a Gabor pair and a Bloc pair love them both.

polyhymnia Tue 16-Aug-16 21:14:26

My Pretty Ballerinas are very comfortable and they do do some with small heels.

Wolpertinger Tue 16-Aug-16 21:15:49

Depends on your feet. For me, unless they have a heel and a strap, no. And then, TBH, they aren't really ballet flats.

By their nature they don't support your feet so if you have any sort of foot issue, it might explain the problems you are having.

BigGreenOlives Tue 16-Aug-16 21:19:29

Bloch are comfortable for me. I find Pretty Ballerinas are too low cut and rub the tops of my toes. I think that Geox do some ballet style shoes which are more supportive.

DaisyFranceLynch Tue 16-Aug-16 21:22:58

I have some by Carvela (their Comfort range) which are cushioned and incredibly comfortable, as you'd expect.

CeeBeeBee Tue 16-Aug-16 21:47:15

Merrell do some ballet flat style shoes with a thicker and sturdier sole than most high street versions. I have a pair of Merrell Zest Gloves which I have worn on most days this summer and they are very comfy.

feesh Wed 17-Aug-16 06:01:18

Butterfly Twists are amazing - I live in them. They have stretchy sides, so they stay on my differently-sized feet. They have a slightly padded sole with memory foam. And they're gorgeous. I have about 5 pairs.

SillySongsWithLarry Wed 17-Aug-16 06:56:54

Hush puppies ballet flats fit well and are comfortable.

Mitfordhons Wed 17-Aug-16 08:14:37

Brilliant, thank you all. I'll have a look at all of these.

missmartha Wed 17-Aug-16 08:39:22

Try Hobes. I love them, they fold flat and are more like ballet shoes than any others I have come across. Comfy and supportive and look good with heaps of things, but they are flat, no heel at all.

You have to get them from The States but they are so worth it.

BikeRunSki Wed 17-Aug-16 08:40:53

Lands End

vimtoqueen1 Wed 17-Aug-16 08:42:27

fabric black ones from M and S currently for £15 - am wearing mine all the time and will be heading back to get a second pair this weekend so I have them as backup!

LaurieFairyCake Wed 17-Aug-16 08:52:23

I've got 2 pairs of Blochs - my new second pair are currently in the freezer (prompting my dh to ask if they were vegetarian grin) with Vaseline round the back and round the top of the foot.

Then I will wear them round the house to mould them to my feet.

I have feet that get cut to ribbons in all shoes - the lovely soft leather of the Blochs mean that they mould better

polyhymnia Wed 17-Aug-16 10:02:42

Yes to Geox. I have bought several of their ballerinas in my time - all v comfortable.
Fitflop also do a wide range - super comfortable though dilemmas look too thick.

YoungGirlGrowingOld Wed 17-Aug-16 10:04:24

I love my Repettos - they do flats and low heels ballerina style. Softest leather ever - well worth it and good sales!

Moshulu flats are also lovely.

Strawclutching Wed 17-Aug-16 10:05:32

Hotter ones are the comfiest I've ever had but LK Bennett are the smartest comfortable ones I have.

JohnCheese Wed 17-Aug-16 10:07:37

I like Boden for shoes, and their ballet flats are v good.
Quality is usually excellent too.

Tia4 Wed 17-Aug-16 11:05:46

Hotter ballerinas are unbelievably comfy! I have them in five colours grin

chough Wed 17-Aug-16 18:19:36

Straw and Tia, which are the Hotter ballerinas which you have , please? Are they called Jewel?

Strawclutching Wed 17-Aug-16 18:36:29

Yes. Although the bow pisses me off. Listen up Hotter stop putting ridiculous accessories on your ballet pumps. Just do plain ones and I'll buy them forever.

chough Wed 17-Aug-16 19:32:28

Straw, I have the Jewel style.
Yes, agree re the bow.

BikeRunSki Wed 17-Aug-16 20:15:08

I would buy Hotter ballet flats if it weren't for the bow.

almostthirty Wed 17-Aug-16 20:16:49

Yes!! And cheap too. I've bought some from ads £6 and they have a really deep cushioned sole (feels like you're walking in slippers) and the rest of my foot feels really supported.

JaceLancs Wed 17-Aug-16 23:12:01

Jenny or ARA from tkmaxx or online retailers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now