Talk

Advanced search

Looking for the perfect day moisturiser (early 40s)

(12 Posts)
Thisismynewname123 Tue 16-Aug-16 10:19:54

I've always used Lancôme (recently genifique), but it's expensive, especially when I run out of day cream, night cream & eye cream at the same time, like now. So I'm looking for the perfect day cream for early 40s skin, prone to greasy t-zone. Not necessarily the cheapest supermarket brands, just something a bit cheaper than the £60 I've been paying. Any suggestions?

mumsnit Tue 16-Aug-16 11:06:35

I have oily skin (early 40s) and in the mornings I just use No 7 Protect and Perfect serum followed by Body Shop CC cream which I love. I find if I use moisturiser as well then my skin is already oily by lunchtime!

midnightmoomoo Tue 16-Aug-16 12:13:38

Olay Total Effects (I have the fragrance free one but they do others with spf) is fab, I'm prone to going a bit shiny but this is lovely and is ok under make up. I'm on my third one now, and I never buy the same thing more than once very often! Think it's meant to be about £15 but is always on offer somewhere and Savers do it for £8.99

happilymarried1 Tue 16-Aug-16 12:19:27

Olay

Thisismynewname123 Tue 16-Aug-16 13:33:14

Thanks. I'll have a look at what Olay have. May give them a try

whattheactualflump Tue 16-Aug-16 13:35:01

No 7 Lift and Luminate - have switched to this from more expensive brands and (without wanting to sound like some weird advert woman) have noticed a massive difference. I've been using the serum and moisturiser which I think I got on a 3 for 2 or similar (quite pricey at full price but endless offers at Boots).

Thisismynewname123 Tue 16-Aug-16 13:39:52

I'm going to look at No7 as well. I used to use it sometimes when I was much younger so maybe need to try again

papayasareyum Tue 16-Aug-16 17:01:01

another vote for olay total effects. I've always used Chanel or Estee Lauder moisturisers on my face and bought the olay when I was a bit skint. Two years ago.
I never buy anything else now, the Olay is the best.

OldJoseph Tue 16-Aug-16 17:05:21

I don't have sensitive skin, however the only moisturiser I ever felt uncomfortable wearing was Oil of Ulay (years and years ago). So even when it became Olay I never tried it. I'm interested to hear it's so good.

LemonDr1zzle Tue 16-Aug-16 17:10:01

I really like Estee Lauder's Daywear SPF moisturiser for most of the year. (During intense sunny holidays I switch to something / anything lighter and use with sun cream instead though). Daywear is around £30 a jar.

I've tried various Garnier and L'Oreal ones, but I find them too highly scented. Is the Olay one very scented?

TheCatsBiscuits Tue 16-Aug-16 17:36:16

eucerin, but i do have quite dry, sensitive skin that can't tolerate anything too actively 'anti-ageing'.

midnightmoomoo Tue 16-Aug-16 21:21:57

The Olay Total Effects isn't as greasy as the original Olay fluid (the pink one). Yes, they do a fragrance free one and I've also used a sensitive version with spf which is also fragrance free. I'm really impressed with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now