Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about face primers please!

(9 Posts)
PaulDacresButtPlug Tue 16-Aug-16 09:24:32

I have previously used Mac Prep & Prime and thought it was great. I don't tend to wear much make up generally (tend to stick to loose powder, Benetint, and sheer lipstick mainly) but loved how this made my face totally shine free, but not remotely dry.
I am now wanting to buy another primer to do similar and wondered if there are any other similar ones out there...?

1moreglassplease Tue 16-Aug-16 14:10:38

I use Boots No 7 Airbrush Away and find it helps. Skin is oily and I find it helps my make up stay put for longer. Not too expensive and you only need a small amount.

gingerbreadmanm Tue 16-Aug-16 14:12:11

lanacarne anti chaiffe gel.

nivea mens face balm is supposed to be good too.

sofato5miles Tue 16-Aug-16 14:17:26

Benefit Pore Reducer is excellent! and boots airbrush away is very good.

Cakescakescakes Tue 16-Aug-16 14:22:12

I hated the Nivea balm - it's not the be all and end all like its sometime made out to be I think.

I like the Smashbox light version. Oil free and keeps shine down really well.

pieceofpurplesky Tue 16-Aug-16 14:25:50

I use an Arbonne one that someone gave me as a gift / I hadn't heard of it before (have since as a friend now sells it). It is the best one I have ever used and most friends are now converts! It's expensive but lasts for ages

uggmum Tue 16-Aug-16 14:25:54

I was using porefection from benefit. It is good and leaves you shine free. But it is expensive

I now use Nyx pore filler. Boots have a Nyx stand. Their products are great and very inexpensive.

They do various primers and they will advise you which one to buy. Only available in larger boots stores and on line.

Kennington Tue 16-Aug-16 15:04:47

You need the ingredients: water, glycerin and cyclopentiloxane (dimethicone is ok too but not as light touch) for the first 3 ingredients for a moist Matt effect.
From high end to cheap these are the key three ingredients and after that it isn't so important what is in it.
Water based ones are better than just silicones which can feel too thick and greasy.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 16-Aug-16 21:22:04

Another vote for the Smashbox Light. I know there are cheaper options, but I'd rather economise on other things than this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now