Autumn mac/longer jacket with hood?

(11 Posts)
MunchCrunch01 Mon 15-Aug-16 16:56:37

Anybody seen any not frumpy mac/long jacket/lightweight coats? It must have a hood (toddlers, rainy area), not be a sports jacket or heavy winter coat.

I'm contemplating this but a bit frumpy?

www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-petite-range/coats-jackets/we555-grn/womens-green-the-mac

Nearing 40 and last year had boden duffle that I look frumpy and middle aged in (the cat clacking it to pieces hasn't helped the groomed look, admittedly) so worried about making the same mistake this year.

Nearlyadoctor Mon 15-Aug-16 18:35:00

The Boden one I think is definately frumpy, if you were nearly 65 maybe but not at nearly 40.

How about something like this ?
www.barbour.com/uk/categories/womens/waterproof-jackets/barbour-epler-waterproof-breathable-jacket/p/LWB0393NY5110

I know its quite a few more ££££ but if you like it you won't regret it. ( or any other Barbour coat). Both the fur trim and the hood are removable giving you a number of 'looks'. I have a similar black one from last season and it is amazing even in the heaviest rain.
I also have an older one a bit longer from about 5 years ago - both fab coats and relatively stylish as much as a waterproof hooded coat can be.

Nearlyadoctor Mon 15-Aug-16 18:36:58

Or this?

www.barbour.com/uk/categories/womens/waterproof-jackets/barbour-winter-trevose-waterproof-breathable-jacket/p/LWB0381NY7110

Not quite as stylish imo though.

Also free delivery and returns!

Nearlyadoctor Mon 15-Aug-16 18:42:15

Sale one?

www.barbour.com/uk/categories/sale/barbour-for-women/all-womens-sale/barbour-kirkby-coat/p/LWB0352NY7112?breadcrumbs=sale&breadcrumbs=sale-womens&breadcrumbs=sale-womens-jackets

Swearwolf Mon 15-Aug-16 18:51:34

I just got this Joules one and it's ace! Thoroughly tested on a rainy windy beach and did the job without leaving me sweaty, and has had loads of compliments. And it's definitely not frumpy!

MustBeThin Mon 15-Aug-16 18:58:16

I have the barbour trevose but without the quilted lining, it's just a thin waterproof mac but I wear jumpers underneath if it's a cold. I love it, it looks a little frumpy in pics but it's much better on. I pull the waist in so its more fitted.

Acornantics Mon 15-Aug-16 19:04:14

Try Seasalt, esp now as the sale's on and there are some great waterproof coats at £70.

Nearlyadoctor Mon 15-Aug-16 19:14:30

Swearwolf link says page not found!

Swearwolf Mon 15-Aug-16 19:49:10

Ahh damn it! It's the Coast antique gold jacket, it should be quite easy to find through the menu. Sorry about that!

MunchCrunch01 Mon 15-Aug-16 20:06:45

Thanks I'm checking these out - I hadn't thought of Barbour and I've been buying awful jackets for the last few years and then ditching them so better to try and get it right!

Nearlyadoctor Mon 15-Aug-16 20:36:15

Let us know if you find something you like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now