Talk

Advanced search

Please help my DS1 (age 11) with his first proper hairstyle :)

(5 Posts)
MidnightVelvettheSixth Mon 15-Aug-16 08:13:34

He has blond straight coarse hair but he has a double crown so it tends to stick up like a turkey's bottom feathers or a peacock on the crown when it gets too long. The only haircut he's ever had is a grade 4 all over & now he says he wants to keep his little fringe but stop the sticky up bits. He starts secondary next month & they have a very strict policy on hair so it needs to be school friendly.

I've been googling boys hair & he likes something called a French crop possibly with a fade??

What styles do your pre teens have please?

smile

MidnightVelvettheSixth Mon 15-Aug-16 08:16:52

This is the one he likes, if we go into his barbers with this picture will they be OK & know what it is?

dementedpixie Mon 15-Aug-16 08:20:42

My ds gets a 2 at back and sides and then left longer on the top. He likes a bit of a longer fringe than the one in the picture though and gets upset if they cut it too short

SoupDragon Mon 15-Aug-16 08:24:36

DS1 has a double crown and his has to be either very short or long to stop the parrot crest. At the money he has it at about a no. 2 around the edges and ridiculously long and floppy on top. His school is strict on hair and he gets away with it although he's been told to cut the fringe on occasions.

dementedpixie Mon 15-Aug-16 08:29:04

My ds also has a double crown and needs it either very short there or a bit longer. It has been left a little longer in that area the last couple of times and he seems to like it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now