Talk

Advanced search

Long length swim dress

(9 Posts)
GrimmauldPlace Sun 14-Aug-16 21:13:46

Does anybody know where I can get a swim dress that is fairly long in length. Maybe mid thigh? I am 5ft 6 and all the ones I've come across barely skim the bottom of my bum cheeks. I'm really conscious of my thighs and usually wear board shorts over my swimming costume but thought a dress might be easier.

I go away Friday and I'm beginning to lose hope.

Thanks in advance!

JackandDiane Sun 14-Aug-16 21:24:48

obviously you can wear what you want.

BUT

Have you been to the med recently? Women there just DO NOT GIVE A SHIT and once oyu are there you won't either.
the big mistake we make is trying on swimwear under our bedroom light!
How about you get a normal costume and then a flippy skirt for walking to a beach bar or something?

JackandDiane Sun 14-Aug-16 21:26:21

i would say, get a normal costume
have a spray tan ( everything looks better brown tbh)
then buy this - if you don't wear it tis cheap to bin
www.tesco.com/direct/ff-magic-swim-skirt/248-3249.prd?skuId=357-3249&pageLevel=sku&sc_cmp=ppc*sl*m*bg*px_-_campaign_not_set*&gclid=CjwKEAjwrcC9BRC2v5rjyvSbhWASJACKkjDzW18D9Rq7RTVrW45N-iHZo1Bg3tOWtO-4x20g4_-YlRoCirTw_wcB&source=others

GrimmauldPlace Sun 14-Aug-16 22:06:05

Thanks for that, I like the skirt and it means I can wear the costumes I already have.

Unfortunately I've never been to the med, my holiday is in sunny West Sussex grin but you're right though. DH is always telling me I probably draw more attention to myself with the shorts on than I would without them.

Not sure my thighs are ready to be inflicted on the world just yet though wink

specialsubject Sun 14-Aug-16 22:23:41

The world will cope ! Cover up off the beach, where bra and knickers isnt appropriate - but on the beach it is fine.

Skirt suits will make you look twice the size. Btw best bet is boardies and bikini top , no sitting in damp knickers that way.

specialsubject Sun 14-Aug-16 22:24:40

That skirt will hardly cover your arse anyway.

JackandDiane Sun 14-Aug-16 22:24:55

your husband is right. I really do feel life is too short for this kind of thing
you must know someone who has had cancer or something awful - what would they say? THey would say STOP APOLOGISING FOR YOUR BODY

JackandDiane Sun 14-Aug-16 22:25:15

shorts do make you look conspicuous.

Maggiestraight Mon 15-Aug-16 12:43:08

Magisculpt swim dress in longer length is what you need if you can't cope with showing too much flesh! Although I agree with above comments and have bought myself a bikini for the beach this year. I am 5' 7" and the dress comes half way down thigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now