Boot cut jeans for pear shape - can't find any :(

(6 Posts)
GlassCircles Sun 14-Aug-16 16:18:13

Any suggestions gratefully received - size 16 / 18 and always have the problem of either fitting on waist or thighs but not both at the same time, grr. M&S were notably guilty of this (though bizarrely their straight jeans were ok for fit, I just looked frumpy and carroty). Not sure where else to start looking...

HermioneWeasley Sun 14-Aug-16 16:24:38

Peacocks jeans are really good for pears

suspiciousofgoldfish Sun 14-Aug-16 16:31:22

I've got a fairly fat ample derrière and I find firetrap boot cut jeans the best.

Or, when I am feeling skint thrifty, New Look or Next jeans are good, the ones that are slightly elastic (not jeggins) hold their shape well.

LookWhatTheCatDraggedIn Sun 14-Aug-16 16:39:54

Sainsburys aren't too bad. I do need a belt, but it's not like taking in folds round the waist, just tightening it up IYSWIM?

Papergirl1968 Mon 15-Aug-16 00:19:10

Evans do a boot cut in blue and black denim especially for pear shape, and they reckon you can drop a dress size in them so you should fit into a 16 easily, which is probably the smallest size they do!

GlassCircles Mon 15-Aug-16 15:35:34

Ah thanks folks, some new avenues there smile .

God I hate jeans / trousers shopping though - have had a long 'dresses and leggings' spell so am out of practice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now