Talk

Advanced search

30E-F bra size - where to shop?

(32 Posts)
SoggyBeachDays Sun 14-Aug-16 14:34:27

After an illuminating hour and a half in a John Lewis changing room this morning (off the back of lurking on bra intervention threads on here, and trying some home measuring), I have come home with 4 new bras, size 30E, and one 30F. 3 are Freya, one (the 30F) is John Lewis. I previously thought I was a 34C/D! For the last 7 years (3 X pregnancies / breastfeeding) I've been wearing an assortment of maternity / feeding bras in a range of generic sizes (eg "medium..."). The John Lewis fitter said I was actually more like a 28 band, but this is very difficult to get.

To be honest, there wasn't much choice in 30E/F either. I have 4 OK T-shirt style bras (and my goodness, they make me look a lot better with clothes on!), but they aren't special.

I'd like to buy one or two really nice underwear sets - any ideas as to brands / shops?

I'm also still breastfeeding my almost 2 year old (definitely my last baby) - I'll probably stop in a couple of months, is my cup size likely to go down? I've only been feeding her at bedtime (and not even every bedtime) for the last 10 months, so not expecting a huge reduction in size?

MrsUnderwood Sun 14-Aug-16 16:02:37

I'm a 30E and got some nice stuff from Bravissimo, including nursing bras.

AnotherEmma Sun 14-Aug-16 16:04:58

Bravissimo

Once you know which brands and styles fit you (and which size in each one, they can vary as I'm sure you realise) you can order online too.

AnotherEmma Sun 14-Aug-16 16:05:25

There's also Rigby & Peller but they're ridiculously expensive!

iKeepDancingintheDark Sun 14-Aug-16 16:05:48

Brastop is great.

Curlgurl Sun 14-Aug-16 16:06:27

Bravissimo.
I'm a 30FF and like the Freya deco bras. I can't get along with the soft 'netting' styles at all

Eastpoint Sun 14-Aug-16 16:07:32

Prima Donna bras are pretty but v expensive. I also have 2 Freya bras & Chantelle from
John Lewis. Quite often they are reduced in sales so it's worth going sale shopping.

Magtheridon Sun 14-Aug-16 16:08:09

Boux Avenue have a nice selection

KenAdams Sun 14-Aug-16 16:09:54

Same size as me. I find Bravissimo bras a bit middle aged. I used to exclusively wear the Freya Deco but I've branched out a bit. I mainly shop at Figleaves now. Just buy a few different brands from there and try them. Happy for you to PM me if you want specific recommendations. If you like anything by Pour Moi get a 30FF though. They come up very small. If you want to spend a bit more or live near Rigby and Peller try in there although some brands they sell are cheaper on Figleaves.

northerngoldilocks Sun 14-Aug-16 16:11:32

Bravissimo. Also re the bf, I found no real change a couple of months after stopping (was only feeding occasional nights by the end as she was over 3). Would perhaps stick with the ones you have for now though then get re measured about a month after stopping?

ManaFleet Sun 14-Aug-16 16:13:01

Boobydoo is great and Bravissimo is my lifesaver.

Viviene Sun 14-Aug-16 16:14:22

Bravissimo and Brastop. Once you know the brand and size eBay. I get t-short bras from Bravissimo, everyday ones from Brastop (they have last season collections at discount prices) and sports ones from eBay (I only use Shockabsorber running bra and know my size).

HairySubject Sun 14-Aug-16 16:15:56

I am the same size and like brastop.com also you can often get curvy Kate on amazon which I like.
You can get some nice new ones on eBay, I like Fauve by fantasy.

SoggyBeachDays Sun 14-Aug-16 19:45:22

Thanks so much - lots of suggestions here! Will probably hold off on anything too expensive until after I've finished BF. Hadn't even considered Bravissimo, and I walk past if regularly - will pop in next time smile.

bonzo77 Sun 14-Aug-16 19:49:10

Bra stop is great though their selection is limited and fast changing. Bravissimo and fig leaves too. My current favourites are bravissimo own brand.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 14-Aug-16 20:36:38

Once you've figured out what brands and styles suit you, check out eBay. There are some great bargains, especially if you don't mind last season's colours

SoggyBeachDays Sun 14-Aug-16 20:44:06

Thanks. So will it be more styles than just brands that fit? I must have tried on 40 bras today. I was finding that while some Freya 30Es fitted perfectly, some (the less structured cups with lacy bits) didn't sit right at all, and gaped. And I had to go up a cup size in the John Lewis own brand bras. I'm nervous about ordering online, although a quick look at brastop.com has revealed some good bargains!

voxnihili Sun 14-Aug-16 20:50:45

I'm a 30F - Next is my favourite but only online as they don't stock them instore, reasonable price too - often 2 for £20

KatharinaRosalie Sun 14-Aug-16 20:53:04

It's both really. For example I get along with Freya, Fantasie and Fauve, but even with those I need balconettes and half-cups, and plunges or full cups are hit and miss.
A lot of places to free delivery and returns.

Pikawhoo Sun 14-Aug-16 20:58:16

I used to like Bravissimo, but the selection has veered towards frilly (and away from 'essential') over the past year or two, so I've also experimented with some new places to buy bras.

M&S has a really good range specifically aimed at women with larger cup sizes and I was happily surprised by the prices too - my last ones were £16 I think. The design and quality seem a lot better than it used to.

Ah, the rollercoaster of preggo-breastfeeding-weaning boobs... I remember it well shock

Madbengalmum Sun 14-Aug-16 21:00:48

Figleaves is my favorite as i prefer to try on at home and they have the biggest choice by far. If i have a particular favourite style and i know my size etc i have bought lots of new bras off eBay.

Flisspaps Sun 14-Aug-16 21:00:49

ASDA go up to a G cup, I fucking love their bras.

RiverTam Sun 14-Aug-16 21:03:31

Another vote for Bravissimo.

AnotherEmma Sun 14-Aug-16 21:12:16

Pikaw I found that M&S have some nice bras that go up to an E cup, but very little above that.

FreeButtonBee Sun 14-Aug-16 21:16:44

I love my prima Donna bras from R&P but was pleasantly surprised by the debenhams own brand shirt bras. V comfy and lots of different colours/styles. Worth having a hunt partic through their endless sale rails.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now