Talk

Advanced search

What bags do I need for a beach holiday?

(10 Posts)
NeonPinkNails Sun 14-Aug-16 08:24:45

I can't make up my mind and am in danger of going over my baggage allowance with too many bags!

I need:

- something to use as a carry on for the plane - I've got a sort of Le Pliage-alike which will probably do
- something small and practical for essentials
- maybe something small but nicer for evenings
- some sort of beach bag - I fancy a basket but worry it might be a bit cumbersome. Would a canvas one be better?

What sort of thing do other people use for beach/abroad holidays?

RoganJosh Sun 14-Aug-16 08:28:42

How long is your flight?

I'd say that bags one and two are the same. I small canvas light coloured cross body would be mine.

RoganJosh Sun 14-Aug-16 08:29:17

*A small

SoupDragon Sun 14-Aug-16 08:36:18

I took one practical hand luggage bag, a small cross body bag and a large beach bag. The small bag went into the beach bag and had valuables in it so I could leave the big bag on the beach and just take the small one to get food/whatever.

The size of the small bag depends on whether you still have to fill it with crap to amuse small children at meal times!

SoupDragon Sun 14-Aug-16 08:37:13

I don't think a "nicer for the evening" bag is necessary at all.

NeonPinkNails Sun 14-Aug-16 08:48:35

This is exactly the sort of thinking I need! Flight is about 4 hours and thankfully no small children, just a teen DD who's more than capable of carrying her own stuff smile.

chanie44 Sun 14-Aug-16 10:18:31

I take a large carry all for the flight, but my children are in infant school, so still need a bit of stuff carting around for them.

A huge beach bag - it folds up small, but big enough for sun cream, sunglasses,money, beach toys etc.

A small cross body bag which I use for evenings and day trips. It's big enough for some money, camera, lip balm etc

YorkieDorkie Sun 14-Aug-16 10:21:33

I bought a roll up beach bag which is huge! Got it from my local department store. Takes up no room but the material is really durable and waterproof. I'm only taking a small crossover bag and then I need the nappy bag for DD so during the day I'll abandon my own bag.

Doobigetta Sun 14-Aug-16 10:26:33

I use my beach bag as my hand luggage, and also take a small wrist purse that fits cash, keys, tissues and lipgloss for evenings. I find that's enough for mainly beach holidays.

NeonPinkNails Sun 14-Aug-16 16:20:47

Great, I think I've narrowed it down to carryon bag, canvas beach bag (think basket is going to be too bulky in my case and I don't want to use it as hand luggage) and a nice-ish small cross body that can go in my beach bag during the day and also be used at night. Sorted smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now