Spanx... current recommendations?

(6 Posts)
tropicalstorm Sat 13-Aug-16 22:32:46

I'm looking into buying some spanx, any recommendations?

In case sizing helps.. 5'3", small frame (28 inch torso), big boobs (28gg), size 10 going up to a 12, big pot belly so after a meal my tummy sticks out like I'm pregnant again.. not a good look!

Have looked on Amazon, John Lewis - the main criticisms of the product seem to be that it is very tight/uncomfortable, and rolls down meaning you have to adjust clothes constantly. So is it better to get a larger size and with straps?

You need the spanx higher power which go from thigh to just under the bra, they don't roll down and are fairly comfy and very effective

ElspethFlashman Sat 13-Aug-16 23:15:09

The Higher Power ones dont roll down as they go right up almost under your bra wire.

Skilfull Sat 13-Aug-16 23:21:34

Matalan

maggiethemagpie Sun 14-Aug-16 15:18:48

Does it have to be spanx? I got a miraclesuit to wear on my wedding day, hoicked it all in and did the trick. It's like a slip with an inbuilt body/popper crotch thing so like a control pants/slip combi

www.figleaves.com/uk/product/MSS-004962/Miraclesuit-Shapewear-Sexy-Sheer-HiWaist-Slip/?size=&colour=Nude

tropicalstorm Mon 15-Aug-16 22:51:38

Matalan? Wouldn't have thought to look there..

No it doesn't have to be Spanx - anything that works.. that one is £45 wowee it had better work ;)

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now