Talk

Advanced search

Petite (erm or short) and big, big boobs - what do you wear?

(33 Posts)
duro1 Tue 09-Aug-16 20:03:39

I find clothes so difficult. Since 10, 5ft 1, and bloody huge boobies. Anything on top that is not fitted makes me look preggers and like I'm wearing a tent. I have a couple of bits from Pepperberry (Bravissimo) but not that much choice and I find the lengths on all their stuff very long.

Creatureofthenight Tue 09-Aug-16 20:07:37

I'm 5 ft with big (not big big!) boobs. I spend a lot of time in skater-style dresses (with leggings or tights). Pepperberry too long for me too. I have given up on the idea of ever wearing a shirt again!

duro1 Tue 09-Aug-16 20:08:56

Where do you get your skater dresses from? I find that anything below knee looks ridiculous on me - like I'm drowning!!

bakeoffcake Tue 09-Aug-16 20:09:59

I'm the same but 5ft 2.

I live in skinny jeans as my legs are nice and slim and a shortish shortish blouse.

I do tend to look a bit pregnant but I'm not sure what else to wear. I don't like wearing tight tops for obvious reasons grin

Schmoochypoos Tue 09-Aug-16 20:11:32

Following with interest! I'm 5ft1 with large boobs and a size 10. I mostly wear fitted clothes, anything baggy makes me look pregnant or like an egg on legs!!

opalescent Tue 09-Aug-16 20:11:59

I'm 5ft and pregnant - my boobs (normally 30e) are a 32ff at the moment sadand still growing!!! I'm really struggling to dress suitably. Usually though I wear whatever I want, as long as it is a good length and fit. I love asos petite. And Dorothy Perkins petite. And topshop for jeans, the 28inch leg.

BathshuaSpooner Tue 09-Aug-16 20:13:35

5 feet tall here, mahoosive boobs. I wear tons of skinny jeans, fitted vests and cardis. I almost never wear dresses but find a nice above the knee skirt and fitted top look best for work.

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Tue 09-Aug-16 20:14:41

ach, I look like a barrel most of the time. I've lost my waist thanks to the peri-menopause and nothing looks good on me now. I'm thinking of taking up sacks.

bakeoffcake Tue 09-Aug-16 20:16:05

www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/clearance/womens-dresses/shirt-dresses/wh987/womens-sophia-shirt-dress

I'd forgotten I bought this dress last week. It's very flattering as its a bit stretchy so goes over the boobs, it rests just above my knee. I got lots of compliments so I think I should wear more dresses, it's just finding ones to fit.

duro1 Tue 09-Aug-16 20:16:33

Egg on legs grin I'm with you there!

I wear skinnies with fitted tops but would love to do more dresses, skirts, shirts etc. And if I am having a fat day I just wear something non fitted and look like a lump

duro1 Tue 09-Aug-16 20:18:24

OOoh I like that Boden dress - never brought anything from Boden - are they free returns? I like to order a mass of stuff and send most of it back smile. What shoes did you wear with it?

Liiinoo Tue 09-Aug-16 20:24:09

5ft 1in. 32FF, slightly chubby size 14. I wear skinny jeans or jeggings (I have very slim legs), with hip length tops. I dress it up by wearing the same thing with silk tops and heels. I hate having to dress up more formally at the moment as dresses make me look matronly. Of course as a middle aged mother I am a matron, but that's not what I want to look like.

As an apple shape I have long ago given up on skirts.

Creatureofthenight Tue 09-Aug-16 20:26:43

I get quite a few dresses from Red Herring at Debenhams. ASOS Petite is also pretty good. An occasion one from Oasis, H & M, Topshop.

Creatureofthenight Tue 09-Aug-16 20:27:48

Occasional not occasion ^

bakeoffcake Tue 09-Aug-16 20:37:21

duro yes, they do do free returns, just order whatever you want and return I do it all the time I ordered a 10 and a 12 regular as Boden sizing is notoriously random. I kept the 12 for boobage. I wore wedged sandles with it.

I also ordered and kept a top from Boden which I'll link to when I find it. It's also very flattering for boobs.

5'2, size 12ish and 32FF here.

I wear a lot of skinny jeans with a longish cami and then a shorter top. Quite like them with a shorter cami and an open shirt or cardigan over too.

Otherwise v plain tops with a pencil skirt or fuller skirt.

Dresses are hide to find but I generally like either Whistles or Whistles-esque body con ones, or prom style cotton ones.

bakeoffcake Tue 09-Aug-16 20:42:31

www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-shirts-blouses/short-sleeved-tops/wa745/womens-v-neck-ravello

I got this with a 20% off, Boden are always having money off events so you could wait for one of them.

duro1 Wed 10-Aug-16 06:51:46

Nice Boden top too - expensive though. I don't usually spend that much on clothes. Was trawling the Boden sale and put a few items in basket £184 shock

bakeoffcake Wed 10-Aug-16 07:22:00

Have just seen this Boden code on another thread.

A5J6 until 3 /9.

20% off , free P&P and returns.

WhisperingLoudly Wed 10-Aug-16 07:31:31

I've been so disappointed with my ravello tops. The hems are so tiny that they've unraveled in multiple places.

GinIsIn Wed 10-Aug-16 07:44:57

Now pregnant so my massive boobs have started trying to take over the universe but normally a size 10-12, 5'4, and 32g. I lived in jersey skater type dresses with a nipped in waist, and a reasonable neckline. The stretch really helped getting something that would fit on my boobs but not drown me at the waist. I shop mainly at Asos and H&M.

Kwirrell Wed 10-Aug-16 08:32:48

5 feet, 7.stone and 32E here. I wear fitted t shirts, with long cardigans. The cardigans without fastening I find best. Sometime I pin them just below the fullest part of my boobs. I try to avoid skinny jeans as I look like Max Wall, with my matchstick legs,

I've just got my first Ravello top (not v neck) in a charity shop. I reckoned that it was worth a shot for £6 and if I like it, I'll buy a couple of new ones! It's quite flattering across the norks in a 12, but a bit snug around the hips - do people generally size up, or am I just getting fat? grin

nickEcave Wed 10-Aug-16 15:14:17

I'm 4ft 11, size 12-14 with 32FF boobs. I virtually never wear trousers. In the summer I mostly wear fitted linen or cotton summer dresses which I get from TK Maxx with Woolovers cropped cotton/silk cardigans. In the winter I mostly wear above the knee tube skirts with biker boots or brogues, thick tights and drapey tops. I have to emphasize my waist otherwise I definitely look like an egg.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 10-Aug-16 15:15:16

I got www.landsend.com/products/womens-fit-and-flare-dress/id_280129_48?sku_0=::N9Z this recently (it was on the uk website, doesn't seem to be now) - that sort of style works pretty well. Mostly I wear slimleg jeans and some sort of top. I'm 5'1" size 10 32E but pear-shaped (somehow always kept my waist except when pg obv). DD same height and size but broader-shouldered 'apple'... lives in skinnies but looks great in skater-style dresses - the sale rail at New Look often seems to have some which are the right sort of length (probably meant to be short on a full-sized person) - cheap and cheerful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now