Do you speak Italian?

(11 Posts)
putthesneckon Tue 09-Aug-16 15:42:09

Are there any Italian speaking style folk around?

Please can you help with some jewellery questions; What are ear jackets known as in Italy?

Ear Jackets

Thank you

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Tue 09-Aug-16 15:44:51

I speak Italian but I have no clue what ear jackets are called! Hang on, I will have a Google and see if I can find out.

putthesneckon Tue 09-Aug-16 15:50:13

Thank you SaS. I tried that but of course I don't know what i'm really looking for and where to begin, I wish I could speak the language

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Tue 09-Aug-16 15:50:21

Errr Google is saying that they are called "gli orecchini jacket"

putthesneckon Tue 09-Aug-16 15:58:45

Thank you SaS

is the orecchini = ear?

is jacket Giacca?

If you have time could you link to some Italian sites? I have tried to look at these but it just takes me to UK sites selling Italian jewellery . The nearest I got was Bvlgari!

Does Italy have a version of Goldsmiths, H Samuels or even Argos? Thank you

TheSpottedZebra Tue 09-Aug-16 16:02:38

Orecchini is earrings.

I think ear jackets isn't translated - they use the English.

putthesneckon Tue 09-Aug-16 16:04:35

Thank you Zebra

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Tue 09-Aug-16 16:11:32

This is a well known jewellers, but I can't find jacket earrings on here (but maybe that is because I am on the mobile) morellato

This appears to be a trendy sort of jewellery place bijou brigitte

lola and grace

This is what I found by googling, I have only heard of the top one. I used to live in Italy but not for about ten years, so maybe someone who still lives there might come along and be able to make some good suggestions.

overthehillandroundthemountain Tue 09-Aug-16 16:15:06

I think they call them 'ear cuffs' which they also translate as "polsino da orecchio"

(orecchini are earrings)

putthesneckon Tue 09-Aug-16 16:47:50

Thank you

Lola I can't see what you found smile

FrustratedFrugal Tue 09-Aug-16 17:51:13

Also try gli ear jacket or orecchini ear jacket. Non-native Italian speaker here...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now