Talk

Advanced search

Which boots?

(9 Posts)
RobsAKnob Tue 09-Aug-16 04:34:06

I've been lusting after these Russell and Bromley boots for many years: www.russellandbromley.co.uk/long-boots/hi-and-dry/invt/371415.

However I've also seen these from Ted and Muffy (horrible name/prices but they seem to have resurrected Duo styles and prices, which is A Good Thing): www.tedandmuffy.com/womens-boots/knee-high/ink-navy-suede/seraphine/TMB1436.html?dwvar_TMB1436_color=4.

What do you think? Are the R&B boots nearly £200 better than the T&D ones? Are they really dated? I've got skinny legs, am barely 5' tall and I can't bear saggy, ruched boots on me. I tried on a pair of over-knee ones but I looked like a five-year-old dressing up in her mum's clothes.

Am happy to buy the R&B ones as an investment (is pretending that I won't be buying any more boots for a couple of years).

All advice gratefully received. Don't want to look too K Middy.

LimpidPools Tue 09-Aug-16 09:06:13

They look very, very similar to me. But it's very hard to tell. Why not order both pairs and compare them in real life? You'll soon know if there's £200 worth of difference when you have them both in front of you.

I don't think they're dated. I think they're classic with a lovely heel shape. They're the kind of boots that aren't really affected my trends, because they have so much going for them.

RobsAKnob Wed 10-Aug-16 02:28:30

Lovely - thanks. I think I'll go into London when I get paid to have a look and a quick prance around in them. I'm hoping that they won't date but am a bit worried about the platform.

Rudymentary Wed 10-Aug-16 02:47:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RobsAKnob Wed 10-Aug-16 03:25:18

I'm not sure what it is that's bothering me about them. Possibly the platform or maybe the length. I'm feeling that I should be wearing over-knee boots and/or nice chunky heels but really I'm a) ridiculously short and b) in a senior professional job in a very conservative environment and they would both swamp me and look out of place. I've got skinny legs and hate it when boots don't fit to my calves and ankles. I get very cold at work and don't like opaques and shoes so prefer to wear knee boots when it's wintery. I'm really not sure where to go. I've spent the past couple of winters faffing around not buying boots and my existing ones are really shabby now.

KickAssAngel Wed 10-Aug-16 04:10:50

I think you need to try them on - they're the kind that could sag and look bad if you have thin legs.

I prefer the second pair. Platforms are less popular now, unless you're doing a deliberate 60s retro look.

Rudymentary Wed 10-Aug-16 04:51:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LuckySantangelo1 Wed 10-Aug-16 10:33:13

I like the T&M ones. This style of boot has been around for so long it's become quite classic IMO. I think go for it!

RobsAKnob Wed 10-Aug-16 18:16:23

Thanks - am very willing to save £200 compared with the R&B ones. Will try both on and also have a look for some others. I always used to buy Duo boots because of the different width fittings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now