Talk

Advanced search

Instant leg make up

(17 Posts)
MySecondName Sun 07-Aug-16 18:57:24

My legs are about 84 shades lighter than my arms and face and covered in spider veins and I'm going to my siblings wedding next weekend so I need something to cover them. Do the instant tan in a bottle things like Sally Hansen work? If not, what else can I try to even things out a bit.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Scoose Sun 07-Aug-16 18:58:24

Sally Hansen airbrush legs is good comes in different shades

LemonRedwood Sun 07-Aug-16 18:58:51

Following this. I rarely uncover my legs for fear of blinding people.

SnoopDoggyDogg Sun 07-Aug-16 18:59:00

I use Sally Hansen all the time, it's fab.

YouCannotPossiblyBeHungry Sun 07-Aug-16 18:59:36

I use Rimmel Sun Shimmer (cheap compared to most) and use a tan mitt to put on. It's really easy and doesn't come off till next shower.

NuggetofPurestGreen Sun 07-Aug-16 18:59:47

Sally Hansen is great. More like foundation than tan. I have blue legs and use that for wedding all the time.

wobblywonderwoman Sun 07-Aug-16 18:59:54

Sally Hansen is good.maybe use the cream version as the spray can be messy. It will look great don't worry

SnoopDoggyDogg Sun 07-Aug-16 19:01:28

Yes definitely agree, cream is easier than the spray.

NuggetofPurestGreen Sun 07-Aug-16 19:03:29

Oh I've never tried the cream!

NuggetofPurestGreen Sun 07-Aug-16 19:04:15

I get the medium as it gives a bit of colour

SnoopDoggyDogg Sun 07-Aug-16 19:06:35

The cream lasts longer too, seem to get more applications out of it.

Iliketeaagain Sun 07-Aug-16 19:09:17

If you're legs are really pale, make sure ou test it before the wedding day.

I bought the lightest Sally Hansen, and my legs looked like I had been dipped in a vat of orange paint when I used it.

I like the st tropez in shower tan. Daily for 3 days then every other day for maintenance. I'm sure you could do daily for longer to get a stronger colour.
I find there are no streaks (on for 3 mins in the shower then wash off) and not much fake tan smell either.

JohnCheese Sun 07-Aug-16 19:19:21

Another vote for Sally. looks like nude tights in that it gives a little coverage, but way better. Ideal for work and occasions where you need to feel dressed.

wiltingfast Sun 07-Aug-16 19:26:21

I use the rimmel one too. Has always worked for me and v easy to put on.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 07-Aug-16 19:31:02

I use the Sally Hansen Medium spray using a mitt to apply it.

MySecondName Sun 07-Aug-16 20:04:31

Great, thanks for all of the replies. I used to use sum shimmer back in my teen years! grin

So Sally Hansen medium is an ok colour. My arms and legs have good UK colour.

keeponkeepinon Sun 07-Aug-16 22:06:11

Sally hansen cream. I have very white legs and the lighter one is fine on me. Just put a little on and really spread it and the colour mellows out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now