Talk

Advanced search

Weekend away with new man - need help with outfits/nightwear!

(4 Posts)
superdeeduper Sat 06-Aug-16 09:26:47

So got a weekend away with a new man, city break in Britain. Looks like the weather will be nice too so will be sightseeing, eating out at night etc.
But what to wear??

I am mainly fretting about underwear/nightwear. Would really love to have some gorgeous underwear to swan about the hotel room in. I probably won't be wearing anything to bed but the thought struck me, what if the fire alarm goes off?! So I need something I can throw on in case of emergencies. So something sexy but not too embarrassing if we need to evacuate our hotel room! (I fear I am already overthinking things!) Was thinking a slip maybe?

Also for walking about if its going to be hot, I thought a day dress for during the day? I quite like these 2 in the links but will I look like I am trying too hard??

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/dresses-442/stripe-wrap-slip-dress-5504987?bi=302&ps=20

www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/dresses-442/daisy-detailed-bardot-dress-5653434?bi=242&ps=20

Can anyone suggest anything for wearing through the day instead? I am early 40s and a size 10 if that helps. Please help lovely ladies as I am driving myself mad worrying about this and trying to look 'effortlessly cool'!!

DianaT1969 Sat 06-Aug-16 13:54:23

I like both dresses and if you wear flat pumps/sandals/wedges you can walk in - then you won't look at all over dressed IMO.

Sounds like you need a silk robe. Handy to pop to the bathroom in etc. Something like this maybe? Ted Baker often have nice ones.

FauxFox Sat 06-Aug-16 16:27:12

If its a posh hotel they will have bath robes there for you to use (in case of fire alarm grin)

I like the stripy dress, the other one is a bit festival-wear for me for a city break...

Have a wonderful time!

If they fit you, the M&S Rosie silk bras/knickers are nice and not too expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now