Talk

Advanced search

Problem legs!!!

(5 Posts)
Summerisntcoming Fri 05-Aug-16 10:46:26

We have a party to go to Saturday evening, I will be wearing a dress and will need to tan.
However the past few months my legs have become a nightmare to get hair free. Nair removal cream even, when left on over the time suggested, seems to just frazzle the hair and snap some of it, leaving my legs patchy.
Shaving (have tried different razors/gels etc) leaves my legs with razor burn, soreness, red dotty look on lower half of my leg. Any moisturiser flares the redness up and lasts 3/4 days. If I tan after shaving I end up with brown dotty legs where the tan has gone in the pores. Just a nightmare!!!
Any advice before I end up with red, sore and dotty legs for tomorrow night and end up not going 😢

Nabootique Fri 05-Aug-16 10:50:35

Ooh, you poor thing. The skin on your legs sounds very sensitive. Have you tried shaving with hair conditioner? Maybe you could do a patch test? Try and find something unfragranced. Ditto body moisturiser. Could the ones you have had a reaction with have been fragranced?

At this point I think shaving is probably your best bet, and then use something like Sally Hansen Air Brush legs to cover up any redness.

NiteFlights Fri 05-Aug-16 17:54:34

The razors with built in lubrication, like the Venus ones (I can't remember who makes them) are good. I agree that hair conditioner makes a good shaving lotion. How about moisturising really well the night before you shave and then again a few hours later, rather than immediately after? I have always got on well with the Palmers range and they do an unfragranced body lotion. Or use a plain body oil (again I like Palmers) on wet legs and pat dry.

DianaT1969 Fri 05-Aug-16 22:50:01

I put a facial tinted BB cream on my legs instead of fake tan because they're a little scarred and prone to hair follicle dots too.

lisam78 Fri 05-Aug-16 23:43:11

I have the same problem OP. I started shaving with hair conditioner, a good razor, and only ever use coconut oil straight after. Like you, moisturiser felt like it was burning my skin after shaving and left my legs red. I now shave every second day using the above method and my legs have never looked better! Also, Sally Hanson leg makeup is excellent, probably better than fake tan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now