Interview outfit

(5 Posts)
Boynamedsue Thu 04-Aug-16 20:22:23

Please help me! I've got an interview in two weeks time, I've worked at the same place for 10 years so this is the first external interview I've had in that time. I just don't know what to wear, which had been compounded by the fact that the email confirming the date and time informed me they operate a casual dress code on a Friday (interview is on a Friday). I'm big, size 18, most of which is on my stomach and boobs! Any suggestions?!

Acornantics Thu 04-Aug-16 20:32:15

I had a few interviews recently after years and years of freelancing from home in my pyjamaswink.

I wore smart wide-legged trousers, a jersey top or sleeveless top and a patterned, fitted jersey jacket. Navy and cream, or white and black, with a bit of coral thrown in for good measure.
Neat neutral nails, bright shoes and bag, my usual minimal-ish makeup.
Good luck, stick to smart-comfortable and even if the office dresses down on a Friday, don't dress down for your interview; plenty of time for that once you've snagged the job!

Boynamedsue Thu 04-Aug-16 21:04:45

Ooh, I really like the idea of a patterned jacket, I'll get searching. Thanks!

Acornantics Sun 07-Aug-16 16:30:23

I've had a couple of really nice ones from Tesco, oddly enough! Great for adding a cheap update to an outfit. Good luck with your interview!

trinity0097 Sun 07-Aug-16 17:29:21

I would err on the side of smart for an interview even if they are more casual unless it's a very creative type job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now