Talk

Advanced search

Best nail varnishes for under a tenner?

(11 Posts)
peachypips Thu 04-Aug-16 11:16:06

I want something that lasts a week, but is under a tenner. Options please? Drying quickly would be a bonus.
Best top coat would also be very helpful!

KitKats28 Thu 04-Aug-16 11:32:26

I got a mini pack of CND Vinylux 7 day polish with the 7 day topcoat. I was quite sceptical but it went on really nicely and dried quicker than any other nail varnish I've tried (and I've tried literally hundreds). I think it would have happily lasted a week, but a)I very rarely chip any nail varnish and b)I like to change it regularly.

My favourite topcoat is Nails Inc Caviar, but I'm too mean to buy it so I use the gel-effect topcoat from Claire's Accessories. It's pretty good for 3 quid a time. I also like Seche Vite but only buy it in the mini bottles as it dries up really quickly.

For quick drying, any matte polish is the best bet. If you don't like the matte effect, just put a gloss topcoat over it.

Acorn44 Thu 04-Aug-16 11:55:08

I love Avon's Gel Shine. Usually £7, but currently on offer for £3: www.avon.uk.com/product/3204/

HeyMacWey Thu 04-Aug-16 11:57:55

Essie are pretty long lasting on me. They've also started a gel range.
Their top coat is pretty good too.

peachypips Fri 05-Aug-16 18:42:04

Good tips- thank you! Currently wearing the rimmel gel one and it seems good too.

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 05-Aug-16 18:46:43

Maybelline to a fab one - can't remember the exact name, but it comes in a bottle with a white lid, and has a name along the lines of "7 day stay" or something like that. It's great!

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 05-Aug-16 18:47:40

This one!!

peachypips Sat 06-Aug-16 19:18:28

Thanks Eggy - I like that colour too!

Globetrotter100 Sat 06-Aug-16 19:24:51

Essie, China Glaze and Wet n Wild mega last.

Top coats seche Vite, Essie gel effect and wet n wild kaleidoscope.

Janey50 Sat 06-Aug-16 19:26:53

Do you have a 'Beauty Base' shop near you? They do a huge range of nail varnish,called,I think,LA. They are only a pound each but are not cheap and nasty. Pretty tough wearing,I do my toenails with 2 coats and it lasts 3 weeks without a chip.

HermioneWeasley Sat 06-Aug-16 19:53:33

I'm loving China glaze at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now