Talk

Advanced search

wedding outfit panic!

(5 Posts)
Babytalkobsession Wed 03-Aug-16 22:41:29

I'm having a panic.

Going to friends wedding on Friday. It's a hotel ceremony and sit down dinner / party. Looks quite formal.

I had a baby 4 weeks ago and have really struggled to find something to wear. I bought a nursing dress from Asos to wear & a fascinator to match. DH likes it. I can feed in it. BUT starting to feel unconfident as still larger than my usual size and it's quite a fitted style....

It's too late to get something else now, but I do have this dress. Do you think it could be dressed up enough for the wedding? Fascinator & jewellery I've bought will match this one too as navy is the main colour of Asos dress.

Thank you!

SageYourResoluteOracle Wed 03-Aug-16 22:44:26

I think if you rock the accessories then this will be absolutely fine! You've only had a baby 4 weeks ago- I was a sweaty mess at this stage after having DD but the cotton jersey will look good yet be comfy.

What do you have as footwear?

Babytalkobsession Wed 03-Aug-16 22:49:13

I'm a leaky milky mess grin not sure why I'm worrying as will no doubt have a muslin draped over me most of the time anyway!

Shoes I have are navy open toe wedges and I also have some navy t-bar flat sandals with diamantés on which might work better if I go for the maxi (more comfy too!)

burnishedsilver Thu 04-Aug-16 08:04:19

Is the nursing dress comfortable? If it is, wear it. I don't think you need to worry about being bigger than your usual size. You've just had a baby. Most of us are still in pajamas bottoms at your stage. If your not comfortable in the new dress then the jersey dress is fine. You're doing great just for going and anyone with kids will recognise that. Congrats :-)

YorkieDorkie Thu 04-Aug-16 09:54:10

Nobody. I repeat - NOBODY will be looking at you thinking "OMG what a leaky mess". They will be congratulating you and probably thinking you look amazing and well done for even being out of the house! Give yourself a break smilechocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now