Talk

Advanced search

French skincare brands

(10 Posts)
fadingfast Wed 03-Aug-16 19:49:37

Apologies if this has been done before (I'm sure it has but I attempted a search and couldn't find anything).

We are off to France on holiday and I'm wondering which French skincare brands or products you would recommend that might be cheaper to buy over there? Mid range rather than top end please. And would I need to brave a pharmacy to find them, or are they likely to be available in the supermarkets?

Thanks for any recommendations.

LemonDr1zzle Wed 03-Aug-16 20:18:36

Don't know about skincare, it seems you can get most of the biggies here in the UK now (LRP, Avene, Nuxe). Not sure what the exchange rate is doing at the mo, will it be cheaper in France?

However, I always look out and try to buy Ob applicator tampons when I'm in France. Got them as an emergency once and found them so easy and comfortable to use, I try to buy some each time I visit now.

MadSprocker Wed 03-Aug-16 20:21:34

Bioderma micellar water in the pink bottle.

I got some fab Vichy body moisturiser that I haven't seen here.

cressetmama Wed 03-Aug-16 20:45:24

Laino body care products are not available here; they upset my sensitive skin, but are very moisturising if not too perfumed.

The Bioderma range is good, and not so readily available here. I love their hydrating serum. There used to be a range called Kibio, in which Clarins were reputed to have a stake, but I haven't seen it for ages. It was excellent though.

CaitAgusMadra Thu 04-Aug-16 14:13:13

I love Decleor but it is relatively pricey.

Most of the big supermarkets have a Parapharmacie section in them which will have all these products.

polyhymnia Thu 04-Aug-16 14:34:14

Another vote for Bioderma. Not sure it's much cheaper there though.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 04-Aug-16 15:15:58

Matis do a fabulous body lotion, SOS something? In a blue bottle, smells fabulous.

fadingfast Thu 04-Aug-16 18:33:04

Thanks for the recommendations, will definitely look out for Bioderma. Had momentarily forgotten about the woeful exchange rate though sad.

TheDisreputableDog Thu 04-Aug-16 18:35:05

Vichy is lovely and will be cheaper in the French pharmacies

vitaminC Fri 05-Aug-16 14:58:11

I have no idea about exchange rates, as I live in France, but look out for a shop called "parapharmacie", as they usually have a wide selection and often have 3-for2 deals on, too. Most shopping centres/hypermarkets have one and there are a few stand-alone ones in most cities.

The brands I tend to buy most are LaRoche-Posay, Uriage and Nuxe. My local parapharmacy always has some kind of offer on at least one of them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now