Talk

Advanced search

Can I wear New Look teen range?

(10 Posts)
ravenia Wed 03-Aug-16 12:46:22

I'm 5'1", wear a size 6 usually (sometimes an 8). Would I be able to get away with clothes from the New Look teens' range? They have some really cute (cheaper!) stuff, but I used to worry it would be too small or look wrong somehow.

Could I get away with buying something age 13-15? The measurements of the age 13 look about right.

CatNip2 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:49:18

Of course, if you are petite and they fit. I might draw the line at PVC hot pants at 50, but on the whole DD 19 and I swap quite a few (definitely not all!!) items of clothing.

MadisonMontgomery Wed 03-Aug-16 12:50:02

I would have thought you would be able to fit into it - whether it's a good idea or not is up to you.

SnoopDoggyDogg Wed 03-Aug-16 15:22:24

I'm size 8 and I've got some lovely going out shorts in age 14 from New Look. No one would guess they are from the teen range.

someonescj Wed 03-Aug-16 15:47:26

I'm a size 8 & 5'9 I wear new look teen aged 14-15 stuff, no one can tell it's from their teen range

PinkissimoAndPearls Wed 03-Aug-16 15:59:59

I share loads of stuff with my teens. H and M is good as well, I think their 14yr old stuff is advertised as 152cm which is taller than perfect for me. For stuff like T shirts it's great.

Childrens' shoe ranges also go up to a 5 quite frequently and can be significantly cheaper.

There are definite advantages to being small, I keep telling my DC that we can easily alter and make clothes shorter but it's harder to make stuff longer.

My wheelchair is also a child's size, which was cheaper too. And I have stars on the spokes blush

Go for the teen clothes I say!

PinkissimoAndPearls Wed 03-Aug-16 16:01:16

DH finds it very confusing however as the laundry person. He is always holding up black tights and saying "whose are these?". To which we all say "mine" grin

Lovelyname Wed 03-Aug-16 16:01:48

I am a size 8 and often buy from the teen new look range. Tesco F&F kids also fit me the size 13-14 years - i got loads of cheap tops and shorts for my hols!

Vinorosso74 Wed 03-Aug-16 17:51:49

If they fit go for it. I have bought shoes and boots from the teen range as they are narrower so actually fit me. They go up to size 6.

Floisme Wed 03-Aug-16 18:47:33

I bought a cardi from their teen range a few years ago. I was probably 56. It was perfectly appropriate, I just wanted it waist length with 3/4 length sleeves and didn't want to pay a silly premium for a 'cropped cardigan'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now