Eyelash curlers - what's the answer?

(10 Posts)
Pinkvici22 Wed 03-Aug-16 06:53:45

I've always used a pair of No7 lash curlers which were great until they snapped last year. I bought a new set and they were useless.

A friend (v v kind friend) brought me back from America a pair of Shu Uemura curlers which I had heard were the holy grail of eyelash curlers....but they're useless!

What's the answer?! Please help!

UnderseaPineapple Wed 03-Aug-16 09:17:42

Depends on your eye shape really. I like the Kevyn Aucoin curlers because they open really wide so you can get all your lashes in.

I also like the Shu Uemura S curlers because you can then do your lashes in sections instead of trying to stuff them all in at once if your eyes are too big for the usual curlers. They're very hard to get hold of, though.

I really rate MAC curlers both full size and half size. They are more suited to the Western eye shape like the Aucoin ones. The half size work on the same principal as the Shu S curlers in that it may be easier to do the lashes in sections.

FInally, there is the heated lash curler. I've never used one as I find them slightly intimidating. Eyelure make a good one if you do want to try that out.

Totallyaddictedtoshoes Wed 03-Aug-16 09:40:05

I have been underwhelmed with the Shu Uemura ones too I really don't get the hype. The first time I used it they didn't do anything at all! I have learned to lift the curlers up and bend towards your eyelid rather than holding it straight (if that makes sense!) which produces a good curl but they are no better than my mister mascara ones which after about 9 years have finally died a death and I can't find a replacement.

Nancy222 Wed 03-Aug-16 10:08:08

A lash lift!

burnishedsilver Wed 03-Aug-16 10:15:41

Eyelash perm?

RudyMentary Wed 03-Aug-16 10:17:31

Nanolash

RudyMentary Wed 03-Aug-16 13:02:48

That's a serum

Pinkvici22 Wed 03-Aug-16 15:03:06

Please tell me more about eyelash perms and lash lifts....

ReturnofSaturn Wed 03-Aug-16 17:36:01

Don't know much about actual heated lash curlers but when I was younger I used to blast my curlers with the hairdryer for a few seconds for each eye.

RuskBaby Wed 03-Aug-16 17:44:26

I've tried all sorts the best curlers I have found for me are manicare - normally in pharmacies or Amazon.
Be warned when perming, my 3rd go just before my wedding were so disastrous I ended up having to pluck most out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now