Would Zooey Deschanel in New Girl wear this outfit?

(14 Posts)
ThisPasadenaHomemaker Tue 02-Aug-16 22:47:27

dress

shoes

I like retro inspired stuff but not the full on repro vintage Lady V/Vivien of Holloway kinda thing.

Am 7 inches shorter than the model so dress would be a respectable length.

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Tue 02-Aug-16 23:40:24

Anyone? wine

Pantsalive Tue 02-Aug-16 23:45:15

Yes. Great outfit!

apatheticfallacy Tue 02-Aug-16 23:53:43

Oh I really wanted to love this thread. To be really honest, the overall idea of the dress is lovely but the neckline of doing something weird to the model's chest - it either fits her badly or is poorly cut.

The shoes aren't to my personal taste so I can't really comment.

Sorry I'm not being more positive...

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Wed 03-Aug-16 00:00:49

S'alright apathetic have some wine anyway smile.

I'm quietly confident that the dress looks ill-fitting on the model because she's tall and thin as opposed to my short and curvy. I have loads of dresses with that neckline and know for sure that it's flattering on me.

As always with asos I'll see how it looks when it turns up.

The shoes I'm unapologetic about. The fact that they're only half leopard makes them Kate Middleton conservative compared to the rest of my wardrobe 😁.

AmysTiara Wed 03-Aug-16 00:01:58

Yes I think she would.

I miss Zooey On New Girl. Megan Fox is not good.

Pantsalive Wed 03-Aug-16 08:54:14

Megan Fox is on New Girl??!!
I am so behind. It used to be something that DH would humour me by watching but he got bored of it so now I never get to see it.

cheeseandmarmite15 Wed 03-Aug-16 09:51:10

Depends on your size.

If you are big all over or very busty that dress is going to look costume like.

I like the dress but think the skirt should have been fitted like a pencil skirt to suit the top half which I love.

The shoes are not my taste but aren't horrible.

DerelictMyBalls Wed 03-Aug-16 09:54:49

Love the dress and shoes, especially together.

Can't stand Zooey 'Zooey' Deschanel, though!

burnishedsilver Wed 03-Aug-16 10:10:47

I think she'd wear the dress but I can't imagine her in the shoes. I dont think they're her style.

99percentchocolate Wed 03-Aug-16 10:13:13

Definitely the dress but I think she'd be in "clunkier" shoes tbh.
Yy to Megan Fox being shit. Wasn't a particular fan of Zooey but didn't realise we were being spoilt with her!

WhoJazz Wed 03-Aug-16 19:13:44

Love Zooey, love the dress.
Not sure about the shoes though. Think she wears a lot of flats?
blue

Eyelashcurler Wed 03-Aug-16 19:20:46

Not sure about Zooey but I would wear the shoes: lush!

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Wed 03-Aug-16 22:57:38

cheese I'm a 10-12 (more a 12 at the min) with 30E boobs so not huge of body or boob. That neckline seems to suit me as does the tea dress shape (bit 'apple'y right now, don't want things that are tight at the belly).

Don't want to wear flats as I'm only wee and don't feel 'dressed up' in flats. Have lots of retro style maryjane and T-bar heels but none in a colour that would complement the dress.

Am not as sold on the shoes as I am the dress but will report back after picking them up on Friday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now