Do I want this coat? Please, for the love of all you hold dear, make a decision for me!!

(13 Posts)
PacificDogwod Tue 02-Aug-16 20:56:07

Land's End Squall Stadium coat

I needs a warm and dry dog-walking coat - winter is coming and I live in Scotland.

Just HOW generous are the LE coat sizes? I am a 10-12 in most sizes but the comments go on about just how roomy this coat is. Otoh there is no way on this earth I would consider myself a UK8 or x-small shock

Any Squall owners about? I know it's one of those mythical MN beasts grin

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 02-Aug-16 20:57:41

Only in the purple.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 02-Aug-16 20:58:39

Read the reviews, usually they mention about sizing.

It's quite horrible, are you sure you want it?grin

Tinklypoo Tue 02-Aug-16 20:59:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SnoopDoggyDogg Tue 02-Aug-16 21:01:02

They do come up big, I have an xs (not that particular coat) and it's roomy. They also come up big in the length.

ThatsMyStapler Tue 02-Aug-16 21:01:51

Nice in the purple

HemanOrSheRa Tue 02-Aug-16 21:02:50

Why don't you ring them Pacific? I ordered a couple of beach dresses from LE recently. The delivery went horribly wrong due to stupid Hermes. The LE customer services was EXCELLENT! I'm sure they'd be able to advise you.

PacificDogwod Tue 02-Aug-16 21:15:19

Yes, I thought I might ring them - I know their customer service is superb.

I have one of their down coats and while it's not very stylish or cutting edge design, it's SO warm and SO well made and thought through that I still love it.

My Merrell that has been my walking outside in horizontal rain coat for the last 5 years or so is on its last legs, hence my search.

I always thought MN was full of Squall Stadium Coat wonders grin

And I like the white/grey one blush

phoolani Tue 02-Aug-16 21:36:09

I don't have one so can't help you there, but is the white/grey one a good colour for winter dog walking? Round here it'd look like I'd dragged it through the mud after me rather than wear it. The purple is nasty, tho 😱

PacificDogwod Tue 02-Aug-16 21:39:18

I would just wear it long enough until it was an even brownish colour, then chuck it in the wash grin

My Merrell is brown, right enough… <rethinks strategy>

It's a bit early for the annual MN 'Find the perfect WARM and WATERPROOF coat' thread, dontcha think? grin

kelper Tue 02-Aug-16 21:41:26

Ooo I like that coat in purple OP smile

Coconutty Tue 02-Aug-16 21:43:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

YesOfCourseAlways Tue 02-Aug-16 23:17:19

I have one! Not the prettiest coat in the wardrobe but it is certainly the warmest, so much so that I only wear it in the depths of winter. That said, I'm not very outdoorsy, if I was I would live in it.

Very warm, and very well designed, lots of pockets and concealed zips. It is roomy, I would size down if buying again.

All in all, I highly recommend it 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now