These don't exist do they?

(12 Posts)
PhyllisWig Tue 02-Aug-16 07:39:25

I am after trousers. Wide legged, some kind of tweedy tan/camel colour. I basically want to channel a miss marple vibe (not miss Marple herself obvs, one of the girls with the red lipstick who might have dunnit).

But I want to wear them to work regularly so they can't be dry clean only. On the other hand, don't want too much polyester.

I can find the shape, the colour and/or the fabric but not all 3. Too early in the season or fruitless search?

Oh and I'm short and curvy so need to be alterable. Budget low as possible but realise this is unlikely to be found in the cheaper end of the high street.

AnotherNewPhoneCase Tue 02-Aug-16 15:35:37

Do you mean Chinos? They sound an awful lot like what you're describing. If they are then you should find loads of different varieties.

Tanaqui Tue 02-Aug-16 15:49:59

Not chinos I think- those 1930s/ katharine Hepbutn type rousers? Probably too early in the season- I had a fab pair from laura Ashley about 6 or 7 years ago, but not seen any lately.

JamieVardysParty Tue 02-Aug-16 16:07:06

linen

high waist

maybe too pink?

tapered

Lots of culottes coming up but they aren't full length.

JamieVardysParty Tue 02-Aug-16 16:20:59

really like these but polyester

I've just fallen in love with some dark green ones from River Island, so thanks OP grin

palazzo

tweedy/stripy ones

EmpressTomatoKetchup Tue 02-Aug-16 20:19:00

This sort of thing? www.vivienofholloway.com/women-c70/trousers-c14

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 02-Aug-16 20:50:05

Try Heyday - they do vintage clothing and their swing trousers will probably fit the bill. Decently priced and NOT dry clean! (Which I think the Vivien of Holloway ones are)

PhyllisWig Tue 02-Aug-16 21:16:30

Thanks everyone, just got a chance to take a look and will go through the links. And yes re the Katherine Hepburn look rather than chinos, a 1930s type of cut.

PhyllisWig Tue 02-Aug-16 21:26:39

Some of those are ace, thank you. The Heyday ones don't have the right colour but the Vivienne of Holloway ones look pretty spot on and can be hand washed so may try them. Also like the asos and top shop ones - I suspect I may be out of luck in looking for a natural fabric if I want to wear them frequently. There is a good pair in the Bosen clearance section but they are wool so dry clean only. Thanks everyone.

Eliza22 Tue 02-Aug-16 22:33:59

Love these....do you have to be super slim to get away with them?

PhyllisWig Wed 03-Aug-16 05:38:32

I am by no means super slim - am a short 12-14. I am hourglass shape with a tummy and suit wide legged or slim fitted shapes best, not straight, tapered or boot cut.

I suspect it's more about height and I'm too short to really carry these off although I do have quite long legs for my height. On the other hand I had a similar navy pair last year which were pretty flattering and I wore them to death.

MyFriendsCallMeOh Wed 03-Aug-16 05:44:54

I know what you mean and am watching with interest. I have some very old Laura Ashley straight wide legs in a camel / brown herringbone tweed, very simple cut and slightly slouchy, lined to the knee so probably a wool mix and dry clean but gorgeous with a fine knit and cute heels. Would love another pair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now