very pale, pink undertones, which fake tan for my holiday?

(17 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 01-Aug-16 21:14:33

I know this has been done over and over but I am struggling to find advice for my skin tone. Very pale, never tan but wI'll burn with pink undertones in my skin.
I want to fake tan at home before I go away, which might be best for me?
BTW I am not exactly very proficient in application so the simpler the better!

Tenpastlate Tue 02-Aug-16 08:03:59

St Moritz mousse with an application mitt. Even I can get a decent result when I can be arsed and I am very fair with pinky skin tone.

keeponkeepinon Tue 02-Aug-16 08:21:56

Not sure why but I always expect that one to be a bit too deep for me. Someone I know suggested it might be a bit strong. I don't want to go full pelt deep colour I suppose.
I've tried the st tropez shower and loved the colour it started to show on my arms. Not very brown, just a light glow. I'd like this for every day at home but just a tiny bit deeper for my hols. Plus, it didn't seem to take to my legs. I just can't see a difference. I do them first so it stays on longer before rinsing so I don't get why it doesn't take.
Would it be worth trying the gradual tanner lotion that st tropez make? Is it worth the extra £££ over dove/garnier etc?

miniswin Tue 02-Aug-16 08:32:18

Bondi Sands light/medium mousse might be worth a bash for you, I am like you VERY pale, and it gives a really nice non-orange glow. It develops pretty quickly too, says on the bottle to leave on for up to 3 hours I think, which gives a decent result, however I tend to just leave it overnight. It's also good in that you can safely moisturise knees/elbows/hands/feet before and after and it won't go patchy as long as you're careful to swipe it over with the used mitt (no new product) one more time after you've applied it. It also doesn't stain clothes - there will be a little bit of transfer but it washes out easily. I also like Dove in the bronzy squeezy tube.

ElspethFlashman Tue 02-Aug-16 08:33:19

Cocoa Brown. Created by an Irishwoman, enough said, lol.

ElspethFlashman Tue 02-Aug-16 08:34:20

Oh and legs always seem to be like that. You have to go quite deep on legs for it to take.

SteviebunsBottrittrundle Tue 02-Aug-16 08:39:30

I'm not a fake tan expert but I am pale with pinky tones and I have always got good results from Loreal sublime bronze spray. They do one for face and another for body. I've also heard really good things about Vita Liberata.

SteviebunsBottrittrundle Tue 02-Aug-16 08:41:13

Oh I had a bad reaction to Dove so would try it out first if you are using it. I haven't reacted to any of their other products, just their tanning body lotion stuff.

keeponkeepinon Tue 02-Aug-16 08:58:19

I am so tempted to treat myself to some of the light st tropez gradual lotion because the shower stuff was a nice colour.
Is the cocoa brown gradual?
I've heard good things about bondi sands too. I'm going to have a look at it.
I promised myself I wouldn't use spray on formulas any more. It gets all over the bathroom blush

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 02-Aug-16 14:00:31

If you're very pale with pink toned skin you're not going to get a tan naturally. So won't the tan just start to fade after a few days leaving you with a mottled effect?

keeponkeepinon Tue 02-Aug-16 14:12:12

I'm going for a gradual tanner instead so I can just keep topping up throughout the holiday. Treating myself to St Tropez, but when that runs out I'll probably try Dove out. I don't tan naturally at all mitzy so I'm thinking that gradual might be better to manage.

SteviebunsBottrittrundle Tue 02-Aug-16 14:14:18

Oh let us know how it goes OP! If it's worth it I'd give it a go. I normally use Garnier Summer Body which is ok. Johnsons I've found to be a bit pants for me and see above re Dove.

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 02-Aug-16 14:15:37

The only time I tried it was in Spain one year. I got a spray tan done before I went but after a couple of days of sunscreen and chlorine it was more or less gone. I had zero luck with trying to re-apply any more tan after that.

ElspethFlashman Tue 02-Aug-16 15:36:00

I'm pretty sure Cocoa Brown have a gradual one out now, yeah.

BumbleNova Tue 02-Aug-16 15:48:34

the new st tropez gradual tanner looks good on my skin OP - also very pale with pink undertones. i picked the tinted one, I seem to manage to streak gradual tanner otherwise.

BumbleNova Tue 02-Aug-16 15:48:58

also vita liberata is a very natural colour on me, lasts really well too.

keeponkeepinon Tue 02-Aug-16 17:53:37

The tinted one wasn't in when I went so I'll just have to be more careful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now