Gel polish kits

(6 Posts)
NicknameNotTaken Mon 01-Aug-16 14:26:44

I'm looking for a gel polish kit which I can use on me, and some of my friends whose nails I do occasionally. Does anyone have any recommendations? Cosmo have a list here, has anyone tried any of them? Thanks! www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty-hair/g3498/at-home-gel-nail-kit-reviews-beauty-lab/?slide=1

Glittershoes22 Mon 01-Aug-16 14:40:29

I have the red carpet manicure kit and think it is very good. Loads of colours of polish and finishes (metallic, glitter, normal) and it leaves me with perfect nails for a week and a half before I get the odd chip here and there. I am pretty heavy going on my nails and I don't have the patience for reapplying conventional nail varnish which lasts me 3 days.

Only downside of the gel nails is the time it takes to do as you have to cure every layer under the UV light and getting it off is a right pain imo.

I have just started trying essie couture which is meant to be an alternative to gel. They last me about a week but take hardly any time to paint and remove so I prefer them at the moment.

NicknameNotTaken Mon 01-Aug-16 14:45:04

Thanks Glittershoes. Lots of my friends are dead set on gel although I don't like it. I might give the essie couture a go, I love their polishes. And the colours are lush! smile

Scoose Mon 01-Aug-16 15:04:25

I have the Sensationail kit and really like it but agree it takes ages to do nails but I use that as an excuse to pamper myself

sorryformyself33 Mon 01-Aug-16 22:37:01

I have a bluesky starter kit that I bought on amazon - so far so good

jackstini Tue 02-Aug-16 09:50:32

SensatioNail here too - had it 4 years now and love it!
Really easy and they always have deals on regularly grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now