Flat shoe mission - show me your amazing flat shoes!

(21 Posts)
Theknittinggorilla Mon 01-Aug-16 12:14:47

I wore heels for a a night out this weekend for the first time in ages, and I think I'm done with them. They hurt my feet and they slow me down. I'm tall, so don't need the extra height (and in fact prefer my non heel height) and I want to be able to run and dance and not have to bring a spare pair of flats in my bag.

So show me your flat shoes! Casual is easy enough but what about work, nights out, weddings? Do you have brilliant flats that work with dresses, skirts. I need inspiration! I'm size 12 and slimish but definitely not skinny, and want to avoid frumpiness. Help!

frikadela01 Mon 01-Aug-16 12:18:51

Ooh marking my place. I'm 5'10 so dont need the height and I'm 3 inches taller than my dp so the extra height makes me very self conscious when we're together.

Hopefully someone will be along with some suggestions.

Oly5 Mon 01-Aug-16 21:10:33

These are my latest buy in white and nude
www.russellandbromley.co.uk/dress-flats/charming/invt/122567
I have these in cream for work. Crazy comfy
www.moshulu.co.uk/m/ladies/shoes/pumpkin_ice.htm

teaandcake789 Mon 01-Aug-16 21:21:53

I don't own yet but these are currently sitting in my John Lewis wish list
m.johnlewis.com/jigsaw-celeste-pointed-toe-loafers/black/p/2771285
Im currently wearing some leather ballet pumps from sainsburys

Lucked Mon 01-Aug-16 21:32:04

I got the best pair of flat shoes from office last year but they don't do them anymore.

These are their poor relation

I quite fancy the navy and black ones from Next but I dropped something on my foot two weeks ago and it is still really swollen don't think a big band of elastic band across it will be flattering.

milkysmum Mon 01-Aug-16 21:36:29

Ooh I really like those Navy and Black ones from Next smile

BeJayKayven Mon 01-Aug-16 21:38:04

I have flats very like the Jigsaw Celeste but much cheaper from M&S and not flat but these are on their way from ASOS.

thelmafitzgerald Mon 01-Aug-16 21:39:29

I wear this pair of flats everyday at the office. They feel and look as polished as heels imho. I love them!

Fingermoose Mon 01-Aug-16 21:44:26

I've got a couple of pairs of Lost Ink shoes from House of Fraser. Very cheap but they've lasted well.

OrangeNoodle Mon 01-Aug-16 21:49:01

I really like Butterfly Twists and have just bought these.

I also have some amazing snake print pointed lace up flats with exposed sides from next which I get compliments on every time I wear them. They don't do them anymore but have some similar shapes in other colours in their current range.

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Mon 01-Aug-16 21:50:46

Henderson luck by Clarks are just lovely. Nice for work but also smart enough for the evening.

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Mon 01-Aug-16 21:51:33

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26108961

Theknittinggorilla Mon 01-Aug-16 21:54:25

Ooh like the butterfly twists website.

And the Chloe ones are lovely....

apivita Mon 01-Aug-16 22:00:22

I have these from butterfly twist too. https://butterflytwists.com/en/olivia-black-black

They are vv comfy. Plus they fold down so you can bring them in your bag! They have been lifesavers when travelling and commuting. I got mine at the Harrods store in Gatwick during one of my work trips having never tried one on.

JimmyGreavesMoustache Mon 01-Aug-16 22:03:37

I have these flat points in two colours - oxblood suede and nude/grey leather.

I also have a pair of black grilles from topshop.

I quite fancy these navy studded hobbies from boden.

JimmyGreavesMoustache Mon 01-Aug-16 22:04:43

can't go wrong with animal print

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Mon 01-Aug-16 22:09:05

I have these and love them

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/camel-audrey-ankle-strap-pump/shoes/mint-v/fcp-product/7251

Absolutelynothingelse Tue 02-Aug-16 13:15:12

All my sandals this year are super comfy and gorgeous flats from Clarks and fit flop who have gorgeous slides like this one which I love.

www.shoetique.co.uk/womens-c1/fitflop-banda-micro-crystal-slide-sandals-black-p6240/s35100?gclid=CJbZtInaos4CFQ6eGwodCRIDbA

Statelychangers Tue 02-Aug-16 14:11:46

www.whistles.com/women/shoes/shoes/avalon-ankle-tie-flat-point-22380.html?dwvar_avalon-ankle-tie-flat-point-22380_color=Neutral#start=1

Theknittinggorilla Tue 02-Aug-16 15:49:33

Love those whistles ones. These are great!

honeylou42 Tue 02-Aug-16 16:28:51

These are my latest buy and I love them
www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productLarge/16WAUT_AR764_KHK.jpg smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now