Talk

Advanced search

Makeup demos

(8 Posts)
HuckfromScandal Mon 01-Aug-16 08:27:29

So, have a little money
And a new job
And a very every day the same makeup style!!

Thought was I was would book one of the makeup counters in John Lewis or Harvey nicks, and ask for some updated tips...

But which one???
Any recommendations..

I am 43
Wear quite light makeup
Mineral foundation rarely.
Luckily have good skin.
Lippy, eyeliner and brows are what I tend to do before heading out the door, so don't want to go for totally over the top.

Which counter would you try please?

HuckfromScandal Mon 01-Aug-16 08:28:17

My gut is saying Mac or bobbi brown.
Even although I tend to be a benefit gal at the moment!

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Mon 01-Aug-16 08:29:40

Bobbi brown

HuckfromScandal Mon 01-Aug-16 14:50:45

Thanks smile
Anyone else?

ilovecherries Mon 01-Aug-16 19:12:34

I've been working my way round HoF, and Bobbi Brown, Mac and Bare Minerals were all fine, although there was something 'wrong' with all of them - BB I didn't like my eyes, BM I didn't like the foundation, Mac I felt a bit pressured to buy. Then the other day I was out with my daughter who is really into Urban Decay, and she talked me into having a go there. The MUA was obviously a bit taken aback it was me he was working on rather than gorgeous daughter, but he rallied well, and did an amazing job. He asked lots of questions about likes and dislikes, got the foundation spot on, gave me loads of tips etc. He did ask for a sale, but it was very low key - he said something like 'so, is there anything we've used today that you fancy treating yourself to?' I did buy the foundation (everything else I can nick from DD), and he gave ne loads of samples. I would not at all have expected it to be a brand for me, but it was a really good experience.

littlepooch Mon 01-Aug-16 19:17:11

Laura mercier would win my vote. Always get my make up spot on - polished but natural and not too over the top.

DerelictMyBalls Mon 01-Aug-16 19:30:45

Another vote for Laura Mercier. Avoid the Benefit counter at all costs - they will make you look like Julian Clary.

HuckfromScandal Mon 01-Aug-16 20:28:43

Thanks Guys
Will try Laura M or urban decay I think!!!
Appreciate the advice x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now