Talk

Advanced search

Fucking henna disaster *SIREN OF DESPAIR*

(48 Posts)
LoserDust Sun 31-Jul-16 13:03:14

So, my hair has blonde forever (natural dark dirty blonde)

I'm apparently having a midlife crisis because I took it upon myself to buy some henna in Lush and wack it on my head. My hair was previously balayged (sp?) so dark roots and light blonde lengths.

My hair was ginger. Nay, ORANGE. Not actually a horrid colour but definitely didn't suit me. In an attempt to tone down the orange I got MORE henna from lush (caca brun) I know have almost black roots and ginger/reddish brown lengths. It looks fucking awful.

I know 'henna is permanent' etc etc but is there ANYTHING I can do apart from letting it fade/grow out? My hair is fairly strong so am prepared to bleach just not sure where to start with getting this shite out of my hair.

Ironically my hair feels fabulous hmm

blueskyinmarch Sun 31-Jul-16 13:06:13

Oh dear. I think we need pictures to ogle at the splendour of the black/ginger hair disaster.

Mjingaxx Sun 31-Jul-16 13:06:27

My hairdresser recommended washing up liquid for removing Crazy Colour. That worked. Might be worth a go.

I feel for you. Exactly the kind of thing I would do 😭

MoonlightMedicine Sun 31-Jul-16 13:08:45

I have no advice op but this is just the kind of thing I would do.

KittyKrap Sun 31-Jul-16 13:10:13

I have no advice op but this is just the kind of thing I would do.

Me too.
Wine helps.

MissBeaHaving Sun 31-Jul-16 13:12:59

Sympathies Op,I've had many hair colouring disasters,they always need a professional to rectify. or a wig

Favouritethings Sun 31-Jul-16 13:18:33

Oh no! I'm dark blonde too (virgin hair) and was going to try lush henna as I'd heard rave reviews. I won't try it now! Hope you get it sorted.. I've heard colourb4 recommended on similar threads?

loveliesbleeding1 Sun 31-Jul-16 13:20:05

This would be me also,my thinking is "well one pack looks awful,so why not just add another pack"
Why do we do it to ourselves?
I hope you can sort it.

PartyCityGhoul Sun 31-Jul-16 13:23:45

Washing it in gin is supposed to chill out henna'd hair (if you drink some while you are doing it you will probably care less too!!)

I'm not sure if you can colour over or bleach out henna, I'd recommend a hairdresser's advice.

TweedAddict Sun 31-Jul-16 13:44:12

Colour b4 from boots, it will all come out, it's amazing stuff

XiCi Sun 31-Jul-16 13:47:34

I would get to a salon asap

LoserDust Sun 31-Jul-16 13:52:51

I have done two vitamin c treatments and although my hair feels a bit dry (but totally repairable) it's a vast improvement.

It's much more ginger in real life though,particularly in the sun. I just want my blonde back. I genuinely want to cry

MissBeaHaving Sun 31-Jul-16 13:54:07

Op I was expecting something terrible looking but I actually like it!

toadgirl Sun 31-Jul-16 13:54:09

Would purple or blue shampoo (the kind that's made for grey hair) be good to take out brassy tones?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fairylea Sun 31-Jul-16 13:54:58

I really genuinely like it. Expecting it to look dreadful!

LoserDust Sun 31-Jul-16 13:59:18

It's much more orange than the camera had captured tbh. And my roots are very visibly black/red toned. The picture in this case does it more justice than it's worth unfortunately.

Does it look like colourb4 is worth a try. I know it's not supposed to work on henna but wondered if it's possible

TeaPleaseLouise Sun 31-Jul-16 14:02:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PacificDogwod Sun 31-Jul-16 14:05:44

LUSH henna is not permanent - it's a tint, not true henna or some such guff.

No, colourB4 will not work AFAIK.

I too think your photo looks really nice but appreciate the shade might be different in RL.
IME, salons can't to much to get rid of henna, but may be able to use some toner on it? Worth a question.

I think I'd true a blue/purply shampoo for grey/white hair (can't do much harm - famous last words! grin)

LUSH brun IS quite dark, I mix it with marron for my light-brown hair and the colour keeps changing for about 24-48 after application (gets darker). When did you actually use the henna?

Did you do a strand test beforehand?

Sympathies. It's not nice when you don't like your hair.
Otoh, it is 'only' hair…. brew

blueskyinmarch Sun 31-Jul-16 14:16:17

It looks lovely in the picture.

TheDropBear Sun 31-Jul-16 14:18:10

I think it looks good now to be honest.
I stopped using henna a few years ago. I miss the quality of my hair, but wouldn't touch it again, it's such a ball ache to get rid of.
Henna penetrates the shaft and binds with the keratin which is why it's so difficult. At the time I read loads of stuff online and only found one blog post where a woman successfully went back to blonde. She did have lots of very thick hair though and did 4 bleachings. About a third of her hair broke/fell out from the damage but she had enough in the first place that she could carry it off. Every other post I could find the women ended up very orange. Like in this blog (she claims its strawberry blonde though)
sheenahennaqueen.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/what-happens-if-you-bleach-henna-hair.html
I have very fine hair so didn't even attempt to bleach it. Dyed over the top with chemical dye until the henna grew out. It worked fine but was annoying that going darker was the only option.

burnishedsilver Sun 31-Jul-16 14:49:34

Oh, its lovely. Its not a disaster.

I think you should leave it alone for a few weeks and see how it settles.

KittyKrap Sun 31-Jul-16 15:02:11

It looks lovely. I'd have ended up looking like coco the clown.

YellowShockedFace Sun 31-Jul-16 15:08:50

I would not mess around with any more dyes or removers. Use a purple/silver shampoo and conditioner instead.

ScarletForYa Sun 31-Jul-16 15:14:05

Found this OP:

oil

Don't use any kind of bleach, seemingly it'll make the hair go green.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now