Talk

Advanced search

beauty quote help!

(7 Posts)
hollinhurst84 Sat 30-Jul-16 17:49:28

I'm driving myself insane
Someone posted on a thread and it was a photo of a quote in a book that a beauty person had written
It was along the lines of the "use the nice sheets, burn the candles" one but longer and it was maybe a style or beauty editor... Or famous person that wrote it
And I can't remember it
Help!

NameCh4nge Sat 30-Jul-16 19:57:31

A few years ago, I read this excerpt from one of Erma Bombeck’s columns, when she discovered she was dying from cancer—it was titled, “If I Had to Live My Life Over”:

“… I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage. I would have talked less and listened more. I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded. I would have eaten the popcorn in the ‘good’ living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace. … I would have sat on the lawn with my kids, even if it meant grass stains.”

NameCh4nge Sat 30-Jul-16 19:58:42

The above was from HERE

cressetmama Sat 30-Jul-16 20:38:34

That hits home! So true. Enjoy now, but it's hard. Have just tried to explain to DS(17) that his irreverent 'banter' throwaway dismissive remarks sound like the statements of a spoilt entitled brat. He is not, but he thinks he's being funny, when DH is working around the clock and several years past his hoped for retirement date to give him what we want him to have. Now I am feeling like a humourless old cow for pointing it out. Where's that line about being graceful with the gifts you bestow?

CleopatraCominAtcha Sat 30-Jul-16 21:41:45

It's probably from Sali Hughes's book Pretty Honest. There's a whole chapter in it dedicated to the wisdom of a carpe diem-style approach to beauty and skincare. I see her point but I'm a hoarder myself.

EnidButton Sun 31-Jul-16 01:31:02

This is the excerpt from Sali Hughes' book Pretty Perfect, about not saving things for best. The idea being that every day is special, today is the best day.

www.hush-uk.com/m/articles/saving_the_best_by_sali_hughes.htm

It's so very true and I'm a big believer in it.

hollinhurst84 Sun 31-Jul-16 06:04:15

Thank you smile it's the sali one I was thinking of but I'm saving the other one too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now