Talk

Advanced search

What levi's jeans might dd want?

(4 Posts)
Sadik Sat 30-Jul-16 12:19:03

She only wears jeans / hoodies, won't wear skinnies, and hates new clothes & shopping. As a result, she has 2 pairs jeans, both in a pretty disreputable state. Last 2 pairs were Boden johnnie b boyfriend jeans (reasonably thick denim but they don't seem to sell them any more in the same shape) and next bootcuts ( thin denim, wore through very quickly).

A friend suggested vintage levis from ebay as an option that might last longer - which seemed like a good idea - but there are so many options it'd be great to know what we might be looking for. I figured if she found a sort she liked, they keep on making the same ones, so she could just repeat buy forever if she wants! Any suggestions very welcome (can you tell I'm tearing my hair out). She's about 5 foot & pretty small built, if that makes any difference.

Sadik Sun 31-Jul-16 12:03:46

...?

PNGirl Sun 31-Jul-16 12:46:31

I used to love 544 and 525 for flared/bootcut and 571 (I think) are good straight leg. There's always good old 501 rolled up for a boyfriend fit.

I've lived in jeans since my teens and always found GAP to be decent and affordable enough at the outlets to get 3 pairs at a time and rotate. She probably needs about 6 pairs total on rotation to stop them looking knackered.

Sadik Sun 31-Jul-16 18:36:44

Gap is a good idea - we've not tried them since she was in children's sizes. Thanks! TBH I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for jeans since she's generally very cheap to clothe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now