Talk

Advanced search

Do I want shoes and bag to match or not?

(5 Posts)
hazelnutlatte Fri 29-Jul-16 18:44:37

Going back to work soon and I need a new smart work bag. I have black work shoes. Do I want a black bag too or should I go with a different colour? Was thinking tan might be nice? I can only afford one bag and one pair of shoes so it will have to go with everything I wear. Black seems easiest but is it deeply unfashionable to match?
Please also feel free to post links to nice work bags in either colour, thanks!

annabelcaramel Fri 29-Jul-16 19:24:30

I'd go tan. I think they go with everything and whatever your budget I tend to think a tan one will look more expensive, even if it's not. I'm making no sense here but I know what I mean!
Size? Style? Fat face had a lovely large tan tote I covet but it was £85 so might be too much until first pay packet. Might also be way too big. Next can do some good value bags. Also Laura Ashley good if the sale is on.

hazelnutlatte Fri 29-Jul-16 19:30:58

Budget is up to about £150 and I'd like a big leather bag. I wouldn't normally associate fat face with smart bags but will have a look thanks.

Jojo13 Fri 29-Jul-16 20:21:39

I would go different colour shoes and bag. Tan bag sounds good and will definitely go with everything in all seasons x

itstheyearzero Fri 29-Jul-16 21:06:41

I always, always look in TK Maxx first when buying a new bag. Tons and tons of leather totes on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now