Talk

Advanced search

One piece swim suit that does not bunch and dig in - any ideas

(5 Posts)
grassgirl Fri 29-Jul-16 11:45:39

Following on from the bikini vs one piece debate, I'm a confirmed one piece fan but I find that the gusset rucks up (DH unkindly says I'm showing a camel's toe). I'm size 12 and even when I get one the right length it digs after about 2 minutes and gets worse when sitting down. I also find that all of todays models have gussets that are too narrow for comfort
Years ago, I had a really good M&S one that not only had a decent width to the nether part but it had a sort of foam pad built into the gusset (a bit like a built in waterproof pantie liner that did not go soggy). This was fab because it gave a perfect smooth look and kept the gusset flattened out and not scrunched up into a sort of rope that cuts into you.
I might go tank-kini but I prefer all in one and in the right one I look good.
Does anyone know of makes that include some sort of gusset support?

RoganJosh Fri 29-Jul-16 11:47:41

Is the problem that you have a long body? I've never had a scrunched gusset issue and wonder if you need either a long fit or one with adjustable straps.
Are you sure you don't like tankinis? That gets rid of a long body issue.

grassgirl Fri 29-Jul-16 11:56:09

Yes - I'm long and I go for longer length (to the point that it is just on the baggy side). I think that part of the issue is that I I don't really have a pubic mound to fill out the gusset. When I look at the models on M&S and Next websites, they are a different shape to me - I'd have to put a sock in the gusset to pad out like the models (do they use a sock?!!)

OrangeSquashTallGlass Fri 29-Jul-16 11:56:19

The word gusset is just one of those words like moist isn't it? Gusset.

Anyway, I agree with Rogan - could it be that you have a long body? Have you tried a swimming costume in any of the tall ranges?

OrangeSquashTallGlass Fri 29-Jul-16 11:57:14

Xpost

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now