Jeans with plenty of thigh room

(12 Posts)
blamethecat Fri 29-Jul-16 10:46:49

Having found an answer to Ds's jeans problem I am looking for some advice for me, waist is 14 but thigh are more of a 16 so usually buy 14 straight leg but the inner thigh wears through in about 6 months blush where can I get some jeans that have a bit more room in the thigh, or what cut would be better ? we have Next, H&M, M&S, Debenhams, Fat face, River Island and Matalan locally and (TK Maxx which is typically hit and miss)

KP86 Fri 29-Jul-16 11:07:41

Does it wear through because your thighs are rubbing or because you are popping the seam stitches? If it's the former I'm not sure that roomier jeans would help because the rubbing/friction would still be there.

I say this as another large-of-thigh lady who also wears out inside seams of jeans quite regularly.

PNGirl Fri 29-Jul-16 11:34:40

I'm a 12 and my jeans wear out too - anyone without a thigh gap will have this problem. If you spend more (Levis etc) they do last longer though.

blamethecat Fri 29-Jul-16 11:39:32

It's more the stitching that gets stretched !

CodewordRochambeau Fri 29-Jul-16 13:36:37

Have you tried a 'girlfriend' cut? The Sainsbury's ones are good (and cheap).

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 29-Jul-16 13:47:49

I cannot fault my gap curvy jeans, I am a full size smaller in them than in other brands because they are better shaped for me around the thighs. I have them in flares but they do straight legs and boyfriend fit as well I think

Liiinoo Fri 29-Jul-16 16:19:06

I find M&S jeans big in the thighs - the Indigo range, not Per Una.

Finbar Fri 29-Jul-16 23:35:27

M&S indigo boyfriend jeans. Though they look like skinnies on me. Fit brilliantly though.

NicknameUsed Fri 29-Jul-16 23:41:44

I have some M & S relaxed skinny that have roomy thighs.

BikeRunSki Fri 29-Jul-16 23:51:00

Also M&S , although my friend sweats by Zara for jeans for women with big thighs.

KnitFastDieWarm Fri 29-Jul-16 23:51:52

I have this problem too - I think it's mainly a shape thing rather than a size thing as regardless of my weight, my thighs are always proportionally bigger than the rest of me blush

I've found that pretty much all jeans wear out in the thighs regardless of price, so I tend to buy lots of cheaper ones and rotate them so they last longer. Stretch denim takes the strain better as well grin

oh and we're not fat, we're thick! nothing wrong with a curvy bum and legs wink

StarTastic Fri 29-Jul-16 23:54:11

Asda wonder fit are brill. They cover 3 sizes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now