Talk

Advanced search

Love this dress but its blooming difficult to find shoes and accessories that work with it

(16 Posts)
thereisalwaysone Thu 28-Jul-16 13:00:49

Got this for a family wedding coming up
www.johnlewis.com/hobbs-cocos-dress-chambray-multi/p2647243
Fits me great and hope to use it as a work dress after the wedding so brilliant I thought. But I'm really struggling to find shoes and a jacket/top that work with it.

Anyone got any suggestions what would look good with it please?

OhNoNotMyBaby Thu 28-Jul-16 13:10:49

Tricky. How about a pale, washed out coral (or is burnt orange), toning with the stronger coral/burnt orange in the dress?

BumbleNova Thu 28-Jul-16 13:59:48

I'd go with navy. less harsh than black and matches the accents on the dress.

macnab Thu 28-Jul-16 14:33:44

There's lot of orange around at the moment, some fab orange shoes and bags.

Having said that, black or nude would also work.

I can't see how you're finding it difficult tbh! It's a lovely dress, you'll definitely find shoes/bag etc to compliment it

hanbrooks Thu 28-Jul-16 14:40:06

A lovely orange pashmina might really work well with that dress, there's a gorgeous Italian pashmina range on scarf room and they have all different colours, they also have coral, dark blue, white, black, and a teal green colour that would all match beautifully with that dress smile www.scarfroom.co.uk/womens-scarves/pashminas-shawls/wedding-pashminas-shawls-wraps/

Guiltypleasures001 Thu 28-Jul-16 14:42:18

I'de go orange pashmina with navy strappy wedges

thereisalwaysone Thu 28-Jul-16 14:46:25

Helpful thank you, hadn't thought of a pashmina - I'm rubbish at tying them though!

Navy shoes appeal as I would probably get more use of of them again in the future. Better get searching hadn't I.

hanbrooks Thu 28-Jul-16 15:46:47

You don't really need to tie them - they look lovely just draped around your shoulders and over your arms, or one end thrown over your shoulder - I have one and it's big enough to drape nicely!

carrie74 Thu 28-Jul-16 16:00:33

I'd also say wedges but possibly a cream/white collarless jacket (thinking Zara frayed edge style).

thereisalwaysone Thu 28-Jul-16 17:27:53

carrie74 don't suppose you have a link to the sort of thing you mean?

carrie74 Thu 28-Jul-16 18:29:37

I think they're called Fantasy, boucle jackets, v Chanel. If none online, bound to be loads on eBay. Or H&M might have them?

Guiltypleasures001 Thu 28-Jul-16 21:50:59

I'de also have a wonder around asos the have some lovely stuff in

InterchangeableEmma Thu 28-Jul-16 21:53:18

That is very nice. I think this jacket would work well with it.

these shoes would be amazing with it but they're very pricy

Maybe navy wedges and an orange clutch? The turquoise would be great for a bag too.

WeekendAway Thu 28-Jul-16 21:54:40

Orange stroppy sanders or those nice wedge espadrilles would be good.

WeekendAway Thu 28-Jul-16 21:55:18

Strappy sandals not stroppy sanders hmm

doodlejump1980 Thu 28-Jul-16 21:56:43

White wedges, orange pashmina, yellow bag. It's not a weddin in Perth in sept is it? (I have the same dress)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now