What can a frumpy lumpy 1y postpartum still bfing mum wear to a wedding??

(8 Posts)
0utForAWalkBitch Tue 26-Jul-16 22:55:45

As title! I'm lost. I have no idea where to shop any more. I have no idea what suits me. I used to be a size 8/10 on top, 10-12 bottom, pear shaped, über flat tummy, small bust. I'm now a 12/14 on top, big boobs, stil got a waist but a much thicker bumpier one, and huge size 14 arse and knees like bags full of custard. I'm 5"3.

So what shapes should I look for? What can I wear? I can't get to shops (two kids) but I'm just bewildered by the choice online. I used to wear fit and flare, but my tummy is no longer a good feature, and no feeding access (although baby is one so not be all and end all, just handy).

I'm doing exercise and losing the baby weight but it's slow, so no lectures on just losing weight please, I'm on it! I just need to feel good at a wedding in the interim.

Help?!

ProseccoPoppy Tue 26-Jul-16 23:05:17

Pepperberry dress - recommended to me by another MNetter - lovely fit for bigger boobs ( multiple boob size options in each dress size. I'd pick one with s fuller or a line skirt to skim your hips. Or French connection - I'm a similar size to you and still BF and got a fit and flare type dress but quite tailored from there for a wedding.

Babytalkobsession Tue 26-Jul-16 23:06:57

Are you on Facebook? There's a great group on there called 'can I breast feed in it?' Where people share feeding-friendly outfits and offer advice. Worth joining for lots of inspiration

ParadiseCity Tue 26-Jul-16 23:12:44

I found a year after baby was hard, you feel like you 'should' be 'back to normal' whatever the hell that means, and out of every baby group there is always some energetic bastard running marathons just to make the mortals feel even wobblier. So my first tip is to Cut Yourself some Slack. Do you like the thought of 50s style? A 50s dress would tend to suit curves, and if you want to 'feel good' I suggest getting gel nails and getting your hair done.

Alasalas2 Tue 26-Jul-16 23:12:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pjmaskswrecksmyhead Wed 27-Jul-16 07:54:46

That fb group a pp mentioned is brilliant. A lot of the girls on it rave about the lindy bop ophelia dress. I've just bought the one with all the little Eiffel towers on it. Sounds like it would be really flattering on you.

margaritasbythesea Wed 27-Jul-16 07:59:15

Some lovely nursing dresses on Tiffany Rose website. Wish I'd known about them when I was still feeding.

0utForAWalkBitch Sat 30-Jul-16 20:24:55

Didn't mean to abandon thread, thanks for your replies. I will have a look at Pepperberry right now.

I am a member of that FB group but I think I've hidden posts from it as there were so many. I will look at Tiffany rose too but if I remember correctly they are a bit more than I want to spend. To be honest flattering is more important than feeding access as he doesn't feed much any more anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now