Easiest way to curl hair?

(4 Posts)
Flickers Tue 26-Jul-16 19:14:33

I'm talking tousled waves, not corkscrew curls. I'm a complete curling novice - never managed to do it so it looks good and stays put. I have two small DC so don't have loads of time either (asking the impossible, I know...).

Read good things on here about the Babyliss curling wand. Is it worth it? What products do I need?

I have thick hair which is about to be chopped to around shoulder length. I have the fat plate GHDs which are clearly useless for this task.

Thanks in advance flowers

Knitella Tue 26-Jul-16 20:13:52

I like the soft curls you get from heatless pin curls. I wash hair, rough dry with hairdryer and then roll small sections up (without twisting) and pin in place with a kirby. Leave in as long as possible and whatever product works for your hair.

I do this once or twice a week (evening normally and then hit Netflix with them in). It looks so much nicer than my regular rushed blow dry. It doesn't take much effort (I also have 2 wee ones) but you do have to leave it in a while for the best result.

Loads of tutorials for this sort of thing on YouTube smile

tattoosandteadresses Tue 26-Jul-16 20:19:19

I use my straighteners bit mine aren't fat plate. Twist round and pull down through hair. I have thick hair that usually doesn't hold a curl but this gives me loose curled tousled looking hair.

Flickers Tue 26-Jul-16 20:54:58

Ooooh knitella, thank you. I'm off to YouTube.

tatoos I used to have the thinner GHDs. I still couldn't get it quite right. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now