Talk

Advanced search

what do people wear on nights out?

(5 Posts)
Purplehonesty Mon 25-Jul-16 22:26:41

I have some nights out coming up - a birthday, a meal out, drinks and a club etc.
All mainly taking place in smart places, nice pubs and dressy clubs.

I have no idea what to wear - I have loads of casual clothes, jeans etc and I have lots of day dresses, lots of wedding type wear outfits.

But I have nothing to wear for 'going out'

I'm 5'3" size 8/10 and quite young looking blush but have no idea where to start.

Any ideas of the sort of outfit I should go for please? I'd need shoes too...

Celticlassie Mon 25-Jul-16 22:32:21

I tend to wear the British going out outfit of (skinny) 'jeans and a nice top'. Oasis / Ted Baker or similar Heels or fancy flat sandals, depending on the fancyness of where I'm going. Clutch bag if I feel I need an extra level of dressiness!

Celticlassie Mon 25-Jul-16 22:34:51

Oops, should be full stop between similar and heels! I can't afford Ted Baker heels! grin

Sadik Mon 25-Jul-16 23:02:45

I'm similar size to you but shorter (and I suspect much older at 46). I'd wear
Pub: jeans style but nice fabric black skinnies plus a fitted top
Meal out: Depends where, but assuming proper restaurant then probably a dress - current favourite is a slightly metallic weave very lightweight knitted fitted dress, quite plain but the metallic effect makes it night-out-ish
Club: I'd definitely go full on dress up, atm that would be most likely steampunk corset / lace blouse under / victorian style long skirt / long button boots.

Purplehonesty Mon 25-Jul-16 23:26:13

Ok so maybe some nice skinny jeans and heels and a nice top. That sounds like me.

For club I could get a nice little dress. I'm 36 but am told I look mid 20s
I have long hair and quite tanned from being outside

Thank you. Will go and look online now for 'naice top'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now