UK toddler seaside holiday - what do I wear?!

(4 Posts)
HappyAsASandboy Mon 25-Jul-16 21:01:45

I am 37 and a mother of three children.

I have no idea what I am supposed to wear in summer; I get through winter bud reading quite formally with fitted dark colours, but lose all style in the summer sad

What am I supposed to wear for a seaside holiday in the UK? We are camping and hoping to spend the days wandering in seaside towns, lunch in a cafe, afternoon on the beach. Simple stuff, but I have no idea what I am meant to wear. I get very down about my mum-tum and if I feel messy. But I don't want sweaty tight clothes that will make me feel like a lobster either!

Not much time left before we go; must've online smile

Thank you in advance wise style ladies wine

QueenofLouisiana Mon 25-Jul-16 21:17:48

I am going on a camp site holiday in France, I am currently packing:
Tube skirt (can be rolled)
Palazzo pants (ditto)
Tailored shorts
Cut offs (for really casual stuff- mainly involving pedalos)
Linen trousers
3 vest tops
2 t-shirts
2 light shirts
2 evening tops
2 light jumpers
2 dresses.
2 roll up beach/pool dresses
Tankini/ bikini/ swimsuit

Everything is in navy/ white/ cream colour scheme. Accent colours are red and silver- even down to shoes and swim wear.

I can pick up any 2 bits and know they'll work together. I don't need to think about it. All I change is how dressy/ casual it is- often with the shoes.

DeadGood Mon 25-Jul-16 22:53:59

I recently picked up a pair of m&s cropped jeans. I never usually buy their clothes but i wanted the beauty box!

However, they are fab! Hide my belly (how, I know not - think because the waistband is just high enough) and are warm enough to see me through those English summer days when it should be warm but isn't.

Apart from that I really think dresses are the easiest way to look put together with very little effort.

Cydonia Mon 25-Jul-16 23:05:14

I've just been on a similar holiday ( though caravan, not camping ) and can recommend what would be practical, though not necessarily stylish. I mainly wore cropped trousers, lightweight trousers, t-shirts, cardigan, hoodie, sandals / flip flops. I always want to do the cool casual thing with a t-shirt dress, hat, shades, nice shoes etc like a Joules model but never manage to pull it off! So I just settle for practical, much easier to enjoy yourself if you're not too hot/cold, struggling in clothes that are too tight, getting your jeans wet in the sea, uncomfortable shoes etc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now