Talk

Advanced search

Good hairbrush?

(12 Posts)
hecallsmebunny Mon 25-Jul-16 20:24:57

Can anyone recommend a good hairbrush, just for brushing rather than drying or styling? I had a Denman one in the past, which was pretty good. More recently just a cheap vent brush I picked up in the supermarket as a temp replacement that I've ended up using til it's fit for the bin! Not looking to spend a fortune but willing to go beyond the £6 supermarket replacement for something good that will last. I have long straightish hair that I would typically dry and straighten but at 4 months pp and with a 3yo too it's a bit less groomed at the moment grin

Nearlyadoctor Mon 25-Jul-16 20:43:48

Just bought a 'Goody' copper bristle oval brush from Boots £10.99 and it's fab.
I'm really fussy as most brushes make my hair static so prefer metal type bristles. You aren't supposed to use it for styling as the bristles could get hot, but makes hair really smooth and shiny. Good at detangling too.

Nearlyadoctor Mon 25-Jul-16 20:46:24

Sorry forgot link.

www.boots.com/en/Goody-Clean-Radiance-oval-brush_1807460/

Also do a vent brush -not metal bristles.

Madbengalmum Mon 25-Jul-16 20:56:48

I find Denman brushes a decent mid range alternative.

dungandbother Mon 25-Jul-16 21:04:07

I'm not going to be helpful!

I have four brushes.
Tangle teaser.
Denman
Round bristle brush with ceramic base
Soft cushion bristle brush.

Tangle when wet
Denman to normal blow dry and use with straighteners
Round bristle to soften ends and flick with dryer
Soft cushion when putting hair in pint as it really smooths it flat.

Sorry!
Couldn't live without any of them but if I had to pack light.... My den man.

Denman make cheap and not so cheap ones. The cheap ones cause static.

dungandbother Mon 25-Jul-16 21:06:28

*pony not pint!

CodyKing Mon 25-Jul-16 21:08:32

Ohhh that's nice brush - like a handled tangle teaser and is bendy to follow your head shape - about 12 in boots and way better than a tangle teaser for drying hair

rollonthesummer Mon 25-Jul-16 21:09:47

I only ever use Denman ones-7 row with a black handle. Any others have been a false economy.

ArieltheMermaid1720 Mon 25-Jul-16 21:56:49

I got a very nice Trevor Sorbie one in boots the other day but it's not on their website. It's like a chunkier Denman brush. Cost £8.49.

LazyCake Mon 25-Jul-16 22:33:55

I'm a big fan of Kent brushes. Have long, straight hair and use this one:

www.johnlewis.com/kent-phat-pin-detangling-hair-brush/p1129179

hecallsmebunny Mon 25-Jul-16 22:43:04

Thanks everyone! I did wonder if I might need to invest in two as will need to use one to some extent to blowdry too. Off to investigate all your suggestions...

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Tue 26-Jul-16 07:28:42

Another vote for Kent. I have long straight very fine hair and their natural bristle ones don't cause any static. Had mine a good 3 years now and it's as good as new still.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now