Help please- cheap size 16 cotton dresses

(7 Posts)
Letmesleepalready Mon 25-Jul-16 18:25:41

I've recently put on all the weight I lost while breastfeeding and as I wasn't planning on putting it back on (who does? 😄) I got rid of all my size 16 clothes. The problem is now all my size 14 clothes are tight and just make me feel worse about having put the weight on, but I can't justify spending loads (or any, really) money on bigger clothes. So can anyone recommend a really cheap place (can be online) where I can buy several cotton dresses until I lose the weight- I'm an emotional eater, and the worse I feel about my size the more I eat (recipe for disaster obviously)
I put most of the weight on my tummy, so empire dresses are my go-to style.
Thanks for the help!

IsItGinTimeYet Mon 25-Jul-16 19:30:25

DP v-back midi dresses. May still have some in the sale. Under £20 but stunning on.

The DP's ones are viscose, not cotton.

I got some nice ones in Sainsbury's, after they were recommended on here. Their website isn't much use though.

DonkeyOaty Mon 25-Jul-16 19:47:48

The Factory Shop usually have a few cotton strappy dresses about a tenner or so

Tanaqui Mon 25-Jul-16 19:48:22

Asda had cotton lined shift type dresses for under £20.

Letmesleepalready Mon 25-Jul-16 20:26:55

Thanks for all the recommendations, I'll have a look! Viscose tends to be alright but sometimes too thick for the hot weather. The big no is polyester, makes me sweat far too much!

CarrotVan Tue 26-Jul-16 11:57:28

MandMDirect have lots of cotton jersey dresses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now