Talk

Advanced search

What is your holy grail hair product?

(25 Posts)
BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Mon 25-Jul-16 11:08:49

As in 'discontinue this product and your dog gets it'.

Mine is Batiste. Not very exciting but I've got really straight hair and spraying some on freshly washed hair gives it a bit of body and a bit of grip. Not to mention keeps grease at bay.

I dream of finding a product that will give me loads of volume at the roots but any product I've tried just leaves my hair a bit dry and crispy.

What hair product do you clasp you bosom at the thought of it disappearing from the shelves?

KoalaDownUnder Mon 25-Jul-16 11:12:14

Kiehl's Silk Straightening Balm.

Although if anyone could find that volumising, non-greasy, non-sticky product, if would become my new holy grail.

NeverGoOutOfStyle Mon 25-Jul-16 11:19:23

Living Proof 5 in 1 Styling Treatment, its the most wonderful thing, my hair feels smooth and silky, but not too 'clean' and still has volume (I have ALOT of hair that weighs itself down easy), pricy but when it runs out I might cry. I really love the whole living proof range but my bank balance doesn't.

hollieberrie Mon 25-Jul-16 11:22:19

Bumble and Bumble Texture Cream
It gives that slightly messy, lived in look. I love it.

WhooooAmI24601 Mon 25-Jul-16 11:45:06

Fudge violet shampoo. It's amazing stuff and keeps my blonde looking beachy. I've tried others but never found one so reliable.

Euphemia Mon 25-Jul-16 11:52:35

Moroccan Oil Curl Creme - lovely smell, brings out my curls. Gorgeous!

KittyKrap Mon 25-Jul-16 12:00:06

Olaplex. Pretty pricey but for an overnight deep condition it's amazing. Wash out the next day and your hair feels amazing.

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 25-Jul-16 12:15:18

Elvive Extraordinary oil. Makes me thick wiry hair soft, manageable and lovely. It's also one of the best value products I use as a bottle at about a tenner lasts over a year. Must stock pile!

Ineedmorelemonpledge Mon 25-Jul-16 12:43:03

Moroccan oil light.

I just can't imagine what I did before it. Probably singed my hair to bits.

Kevin Murphy Angel Rinse conditioner. It's like a drink for the hair, you only need a tiny amount, it smells heavenly and the bottle is totally practical - opens at the bottom side so you don't waste a single squeeze.

hollieberrie Mon 25-Jul-16 13:21:56

Oh god, now I want all of these! shockgrin

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 25-Jul-16 13:23:44

Anne- on sale half price in Boots atm,i stocked up last week! I love the stuff!

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Mon 25-Jul-16 13:25:09

Kitty I really want to have the Olaplex treatment done next time I get my hair dyed.

burnishedsilver Mon 25-Jul-16 13:29:31

Have you tried this bunty? It is one of my holy grail products (of course, everyones hair is different).

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Mon 25-Jul-16 13:32:52

No I don't think I have burnished........but I will now! grin

Thanks.

KittyKrap Mon 25-Jul-16 13:49:37

Apparently it was Olaplex that stopped Kardashians hair going to straw after the bleaching!

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 25-Jul-16 13:57:38

Ooh, thanks DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen!

tappitytaptap Tue 26-Jul-16 19:48:07

Got2be salt spray holds my curls really well without the crispiness of mousse.

PoppyAmex Tue 26-Jul-16 21:53:45

Ineedmorelemonpledge I totally agree with the Kevin Murphy conditioner - the scent is just out of this world and absolutely worth the money.

Mine is DRY CONDITIONER ; it's like dry shampoo but without the weird "crunchiness" and lack of shine. Love it.

Autumnchill Tue 26-Jul-16 21:57:45

Redken Beach Envy spray

Marmalade85 Tue 26-Jul-16 22:03:49

Aveeda hair mask

MadisonMontgomery Wed 27-Jul-16 09:25:17

Olaplex. I bought step 1 & 2 that they usually do in salons, but it's super simple to do at home. It is amazing - my hair always feels incredibly silky, to the extent that I have started wearing my hair in a ponytail as otherwise I sit fiddling with it as it feels so lovely!

JaceLancs Wed 27-Jul-16 10:47:30

Samy curling cream - lasts for ages
I discovered it when superhero stocked it but since they discontinued it I have to buy on Amazon from USA

GingerLDN Wed 27-Jul-16 13:01:41

Fudge violet shampoo here too. It's the best toning shampoo I've found.

Toxicity Wed 27-Jul-16 16:14:55

I agree about Olaplex, its made a big difference to my hair. It costs extra when getting your hair coloured but imo it's worth it!

Justputyourshoesonnow Sat 30-Jul-16 14:08:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now