Talk

Advanced search

Anti perspirant that doesn't itch

(21 Posts)
JDSTER Fri 22-Jul-16 18:40:33

Any recommendations please? I've been using sanex for atopic reactive skin (which I don't actually have but thought it would be a good bet) but still after a few uses- itchy!

Luciferbox Fri 22-Jul-16 18:42:11

I've used Mitchum for years after a recommendation on here. I won't use anything else now.

JDSTER Fri 22-Jul-16 18:45:56

Thanks Lucifer. I tried Mitchum years ago but made me itch as well!
I think I need a "sensitive" one that really doesn't irritate

Beautifullymixed Fri 22-Jul-16 19:03:06

I have this problem, and had a nasty infection under my arms last year. I can't use Mitcham anymore now.

I use dove original roll on, which doesn't seem to irritate (but keeps me fresh ).
I still have to wash off at night, and apply a soothing cream or oil - I like coconut for it's healing properties.
I also don't wear any deodorant on pj days at home.
This routine has cured my itchy, dark marked and pimply underarm area.
Thank goodness.

JDSTER Fri 22-Jul-16 22:00:46

Thanks. I do always wash off at night. I'll try dove original

FurryTrousers Fri 22-Jul-16 22:05:35

I've tried so many, can't remember them all! But Mum unscented is reassuringly not irritating. Although on particularly hot days I need to top it up to feel fresh.

margaritasbythesea Fri 22-Jul-16 22:09:37

Sanex is horribly itchy. It even upset my DHs skin and he has a hide like a rhino.

I use Pitrok. It's only a deodorant not an anti-perspirant but I don't have any problem with it.

After using it for years, when I now use a conventional one I find myself disagreeably smelly by the end of the day - like some sort of chemical reaction between sweat and perfume. I find it horrible.

MoreTeaPenguin Fri 22-Jul-16 22:16:18

I use the Dove invisible dry stick - it's one of the very few deodorants that I'm not allergic to!

Scarydinosaurs Fri 22-Jul-16 22:19:33

I know I suggest Moogoo for everything, but they do a deodorant without aluminium- which apparently caused irritation for some people? It isn't as good as dove/sure for stickyiness, but it definitely doesn't itch on my sensitive skin.

Nettletheelf Sat 23-Jul-16 01:44:40

I have to go easy on the Mitchum too. It's effective but it gives me sore pits if used for more than a week. I never have any bother with the Vaseline deodorants, but they can't quite stand up to the hot weather/sleeveless top/long day at work/running for the train combo.

Indecisivejo Sat 23-Jul-16 07:27:11

Another vote for dove original and I've tried them all!

TheGreatDessert Sat 23-Jul-16 07:30:02

I used to use the Dove original roll on and that didn't itch, but wanted to step away from animal testing where possible so now use Dr Organic roll ons. Not an itch to be found. The pit rok sprays are also non reactive.

Bobcat15 Sat 23-Jul-16 09:03:03

I have very sensitive armpits after a sunburn incident when I was a teenager. They haven't been the same since. I can now only wear Simple roll on with green lid - been using it for years without any problems. Boots seem to be the only stockist. I couldn't get to a Boots last week so tried Dove from my local shop. Driven mad with itchiness after just a few days.

midnightmoomoo Sat 23-Jul-16 09:07:27

I can only use Sure cotton fresh and Simple. However, I picked up Morrisons own version of sure a couple of weeks ago and it's fine.
Everything else I've ever tried brings me out in an itchy red rash round my armpits.

Cacofonix Sat 23-Jul-16 09:11:19

Have the same issue and found Dove the only one so far that doesn't itch. -Have tried them allowed the years too

Beautifullymixed Sat 23-Jul-16 12:12:22

I like the dove original best, love the soapy clean smell.
The other fragrances don't seem to leave me as fresh smelling. I work in a hot school, with some classrooms like a sauna. Add to that my hormonal hotness and it's a constant misery.
I always wash off asap though, and leave my underarms clean with coconut oil applied overnight. This has helped so much.
Sore, itchy armpits are no fun at all.

CodewordRochambeau Sat 23-Jul-16 12:17:03

Do you shave under your arms? That might be exacerbating the problem.

JDSTER Sun 24-Jul-16 22:12:54

Thanks everyone for recommendations. I use pit rock or Weleda natural deo on weekends but need anti persp for work days. I do shave but only the night before I wont be using anti persp. Will try dove original as a start. Have tried simple but find I get smelly when wearing it, almost like I'm not wearing anything at all.

DailyMailEthicalFail Sun 24-Jul-16 22:26:16

I use Mitchum but I do get itchy after shaving.

Tessticklesyourfancy Sun 24-Jul-16 22:29:00

Op, do you use spray or roll on. After years of using spray I suddenly started itching, I tried various makes, but after a week or two the itchy thick rhino skin was back. I use Mitchum roll on though I've tried a few different makes. Mum wasn't for me, didn't make me itch but didn't seem strong enough.

ScarlettDarling Sun 24-Jul-16 22:31:05

Anything scented makes me itch madly. I use Right guard unscented and have no problem with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now