We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oily, sensitive skin - please help with moisturiser/spf recommndations so I don't look like an oil slick

(8 Posts)
RobberBride Fri 22-Jul-16 16:10:46

I keep seeing women looking classy and un-shiny in this humid weather. How?! I'm particularly looking for recommendations for a moisturiser with a decent spf that will help, or at least that won't make the oil problem worse. Ideally perfume free if possible.

I'm watching the primer-for-oily-skin thread with interest. Any foundation/powder recommendations also very gratefully received. Goes off to blot face again.

Kennington Fri 22-Jul-16 16:12:34

Serozinc spray is good for a slight mattifying effect
Blotting with any old tissue at midday!
Clinique pore refining solutions lotion is also mattifying
Don't use powder, or not too much

newroundhere Fri 22-Jul-16 16:18:37

I have greasy skin and use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel and Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30 which have worked quite well at keeping the oil under control. They haven't worked so well recently but I'm pregnant and my skin is all over the place at the moment....

Cheesymonster Fri 22-Jul-16 16:23:34

I use Biore watery essence facial sunscreen which is spf50 and garner moisture match in the combination skin formula. Plus I'm a big fan of blotting sheets instead of powder.

Cheesymonster Fri 22-Jul-16 16:25:10

Oh and maybelline matte and poreless foundation applied with damp real techniques sponge so it doesn't cake. Little bit of Rimmel stay matte powder on top.

RobberBride Fri 22-Jul-16 16:28:48

Ah, this is fantastic, thank you!

Moonlightceleste Fri 22-Jul-16 18:12:16

Naturally I have horrible oily skin. I use Estee Lauder's mattifying hydrating gel and it is the best moisturiser I've found for my skin. It's designed to moisturise while keeping your face oil-free and it makes SUCH a difference. For SPF I use Clinique city block which is oil-free, so not adding excess oil to your face. They aren't cheap but 100% worth it.

Fuckoffdailymailyoufuckers Fri 22-Jul-16 18:13:57

Benefit big easy bb cream is v good. Spf 30 and goes on like cream, dries like soft powder. Lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now